Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't exit fullscreen (Read 1673 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't exit fullscreen

Hi guys,

I've been using foobar for a while and today decided to have it fullscreen. Since F11 and alt+enter, ctrl+enter and other combinations didnt work I went to the menu and manually entered fullscreen mode. The file/edit/etc bar remained at the top bothering me so I decided to hide it. Now i'm stuck fullscreen even if I close and open foobar again. Is there any way I can get out of this mess without going through unninstallation and wiping everything?

Thank you

Can't exit fullscreen

Reply #1
Which user interface has a special fullscreen mode? Closest I know is maximized window which you can restore by double clicking the title bar, click the maximize/restore icon or hit Alt+Space and select the appropriate action from the opening menu.

Can't exit fullscreen

Reply #2
foobar2000 is running
Press "CTRL+P" keys to pop up the Preferences window
Navigate to "Display->Default User Interface->Advanced" and change the "Main menu bar:" dropdown list to "Show"
  • [/color]

• This Preference page may not exist in vanilla foobar2000 installations; it is part of a third-party component.[/color]

Can't exit fullscreen

Reply #3
foobar2000 is running
Press "CTRL+P" keys to pop up the Preferences window
Navigate to "Display->Default User Interface->Advanced" and change the "Main menu bar:" dropdown list to "Show"
  • [/color]

• This Preference page may not exist in vanilla foobar2000 installations; it is part of a third-party component.[/color]

Thank you for the reply. In fact as you mentioned, that preference is not there but maybe I could install it? Due to your help I managed to find a tickbox in the preferences named fullscreen, so that is solved. Still, it's a bit nonsensical that the option to remove the top bar exists but there is none to restore it by default.

So is it possible for you to provide the name of the component I need to get in order to use that feature?

Thank you once again, you've been of great assistance!

Can't exit fullscreen

Reply #4
Thank you for the reply. In fact as you mentioned, that preference is not there but maybe I could install it?
How did you hide the menu in the first place, if the option to re-show it does not exist in your installation? fb2k does not allow such extreme modifications to the UI without the use of license-violating components.

So is it possible for you to provide the name of the component I need to get in order to use that feature?
Not publicly because the plugin is banned for the aforementioned reasons.