Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File log question. Is this important? (Read 3088 times) previous topic - next topic

File log question. Is this important?

Hi guys,
I ripped a couple of cds with VBR V2 LAME, cd to mp3 files and I got 2 different file log reports.

There was a difference between the first and second cds eventhough the EAC settings were the exact same.
The track quality on both were the same for each track. Around 99-100%, and there were no errors on either rip.

The first cd I got "Accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [********]  (AR v1)"
But on the second cd I got "Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 1 or 2). AccurateRip returned [********]

Does this matter at all or should I rip the second cd again?

Thanks!!

Reply #1
If the second CD was not ripped in secure mode then you should do so now.

Also, you might want to rip it again some time in the future when someone else has submitted the same CD, for further verification.

Reply #2
Ah, so "Cannot be verfied as accurate" means that cd isnt in the system to compare results against?

Reply #3
Yes, in a nutshell AccurateRip (and other databses of this kind with user-submitted hashes) can only verify that a track was ripped ok. There are thousands of CD pressings out there (and new releases are being produced daily) which have not yet been submitted to the database, and you might own some of them, there's no chance to verify those rips with AR or similar methods that rely on comparisions. You might get lucky in the future.

Be aware that AR uses user IDs which it creates from hardware and OS information AFAIK, and single submissions won't be visible to the public. This is (in theory) to prevent that people verify their erroneous CD the second time they rip them.

This has been asked many times before, you can read a lot about this in much detail (probably more detail than you need) on this forum. Or check the AccurateRip website, I'm pretty sure there's a FAQ which explains it better.

Reply #4
Be aware that AR uses user IDs which it creates from hardware and OS information AFAIK, and single submissions won't be visible to the public. This is (in theory) to prevent that people verify their erroneous CD the second time they rip them.

Single submissions are visible to the public if they are the only submissions in the record. Also, any publicly viewable submission will be used against any rip even if it is by the originator. IDs are in place to prevent duplicate submissions or prevent submissions from IDs that are black-listed. They are not used when the database is accessed for lookup.

Reply #5
Ok thx guys.
So the most important thing to check for is Track Quality and if there are errors?

Reply #6
Ok thx guys.
So the most important thing to check for is Track Quality and if there are errors?

No, those don't matter if you get a match to AccurateRip. Only if AR doesn't have a match do you look at those other things.

Reply #7

So if everything is accurate and matches up with AccurateRip, then Im alright, but IF they dont match up I should look at the Track quality and check for errors?

Thx  Im a noob at this!