Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Easy CD-DA Extractor v4.6.1 and LAME 3.91.. (Read 4738 times) previous topic - next topic

Easy CD-DA Extractor v4.6.1 and LAME 3.91..

Hello everyone, i downloaded Easy CD-DA Extractor v4.6.1 (build 2) and saw that it is using Lame 3.91. If anyone is using it, how will i enter the "--alt-preset fast standard" there? Before that i used RazorLame where i could enter that in the "CUSTOM" options..Please answer because i feel that this program is better than RazorLame (no need to use EAC and then RazorLame anymore!). Thank you in advance and please give me any more info that could be useful to me (like best settings etc) because it is quite impossible to keep up with all the new stuff..

Reply #1
uhm u could use EAC with lame ! just use external compression and additional commandline options...

Reply #2
Yeah i know, but it's not as user friendly and stylish as Easy CD-DA Extractor! And it is getting quite old! Anybody else?

Reply #3
sorry but why change from the best Ripper to another one ? And now as the new EAC version is soon to be released why do you want to change ? Only because of the GUI ?

Reply #4
EAC's GUI is rather lousy. I personally don't use it because the interface gets on my nerves.

Reply #5
Put a copy of LAME.EXE 3.91 in your Easy CD-DA Extractor directory, then hit the front "extract" button.  Configure the "Output Format" as "Wave (PCM)" "16-Bit Stereo 44100Hz" and check "Run command: LAME.EXE --alt preset fast standard <filename1> <filename2>.mp3".  Works for me.

In regard to the EAC, Audiograbber, CDex, and Easy CD-DA debate, each of those rippers has some unique features to  recommend it.  And the latter three are easier to use, more frequently updated and, in my experience, less malfunction-prone than EAC, which has never been out of beta.  That aside, let's hope the new EAC will leapfrog the others and  trigger a new round of ripper competition.

Reply #6
I don't see how anyone can have problems with the EAC interface... Once it's configured properly you just insert cd, wait for it to automatically get cd info from freedb, select tracks, hit f5.

wash, rinse, repeat.

Reply #7
stop for a minute. new EAC with a user-friendly GUI soon.

screenshot available at EAC Forum

Reply #8
... but in fact there are not many GUI crucial changes.
it looks better, because it's a XP scrennshot

Reply #9
EAC isn't malfunctional only because it is in beta. I think you only use stable versions of lame, don't you ? In my words the beta versions of EAC only state that not all features have been implemented yet. I never had a single error with EAC!
And about the GUI, well do you need fancy buttons, cool artwork, to extract digital audio from a CD ? Well i don't. I only want the best program!

Reply #10
Well guys, i really didn't want to star a war between fans of each individual program! I just want to try new things all the time and not get stuck with the same! Before i visit r3mix a year ago, i thought Audiocatalyst was the best proggie because it was an all-in-one solution! I don't have a problem with EAC and never had anything like errors or something, but you should all know that the GUI is one of the most important parts of a program if you want to hit the market..Maybe WE know some things, but there are others that count on the GUI in order to make the program work! Anyways, i'll try to do whatever mdefranc said and see if it works..

Reply #11
IMHO, anyone who declines to use EAC, demonstrably the best ripper available, simply because...

(a) he is unhappy/bored with the GUI, or

(b) he has an insatiable need to keep trying the latest slick piece of eye-candy

...deserves the inferior results he will obtain.

Regards,
Madrigal