Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Media library manager for two libraries (Read 2031 times) previous topic - next topic

Media library manager for two libraries

Hello there!

Most of my library is made out of FLAC files. But because of space limitations I prefer to use Vorbis files on my mobile phone. So I transcoded everything from FLAC to Vorbis and stated keeping two libraries. But my main library (the FLAC one) grows and sometimes gets tags changes, it's kinda hard to keep the mobile library in sync with the main.

So I started looking for a software that would sync the changes (additions, deletions, tags changes) between the two libraries (one way, from FLAC to Vorbis), preferably automatically and without transcoding. But up until now I wasn't lucky to find such a software.

So, if any of you can help me, please do. I'll be grateful!

Happy holidays!

Reply #1
Try JRiver media center.
It builds a transcode cash for all audio on the portables.
Tags etc are maintained on both the original and the transcoded files.
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #2
But what if I change something in the main library (the genre for an album for example)? Will that change propagate to the mobile library? (with or without transcoding, preferably without)

Reply #3
Yes, this is what they call a stack at JRiver.
Tagging will be applied to all files that belong to the stack.
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #4
Or there are scripts you can use to do the same thing - see this post.