Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HOW TO: synchronise your last.fm playback stats with foobar (Read 384459 times) previous topic - next topic

HOW TO: synchronise your last.fm playback stats with foobar

Reply #250
my script does actually pause playback and then restarts it. see here for explanation:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=687768

it *should* be totally inaudible. it is to me and no one else has mentioned it but i guess it really is a problem for you.

that code in the quote above should be on line 104. you can comment it out but your playlist may not update as you listen.

Reply #251
Ok, thanks. This "fixed" it.

I also found out that this very small pause is only audible when I use WASAPI-output (sounds like a small pop error on recording etc.) - with DS there is no *audible* pause at all.

Reply #252
Is it possible to get the playcount stats form Last.fm for a whole album without listening to it?

Reply #253
no. well not using this script anyway.

from the readme file:
What it doesn’t do:

If you’re looking for something to update albums/playlists/libraries/multiple files all in one go, this is not the tool for you. The component I use to fetch Last.fm data (WSH panel mod) can only work with one file at a time. It automatically updates the stats of the currently playing file only. You just “set it and forget it” and it will slowly update your collection as you play it.

Reply #254
so it is not possible to modify the script because WSH panel mod doesn't has access to all selected tracks in the playlist view? perhaps there is another way to do that?

Reply #255
correct, not at all possible using this script.

having said that someone did post earlier about leaving foobar playing your whole library and modifying the script so it skipped to the next track when the playcount for the current track had been fetched. this could take awhile depending on the size of your collection.

also, someone else mentioned songbird + some extension could pull playcounts for your whole library. i haven't tried it myself though.

Reply #256
That would be a funny workaround. But I don't like Songbird, foobar is the best player, exceptionally with your script.

One thing I am missing is that the DB value LASTFM_PLAYCOUNT_DB2 doesn't update when a track was completely played and scrobbled with foo_audioscrobbler. Is it possible to update the DB value when a track was scrobbled? Could you code this?

Reply #257
foo_audioscrobbler doesn't actually submit until the track has stopped. and as it no longer has focus and i can't do anything with it.

again, some people have worked around this by simply adding 1 to the playcount fetched from last.fm when the stats are usually updated after 10 seconds playback.

Reply #258
You could remember the last track and when the current track is updated after 10 seconds you could update the last track as well. When the last track was scrobbled the playcount should be right. When the script inside the WSH panel stays inside memory this should be very easy with two variables.

Reply #259
the track has to be playing or selected. you can't just "remember" the last one.

Reply #260
That is not right what you are saying. I have modified the script with a few variables and functions and I could "remember" the previous track and update the playcount for it.

Reply #261
you carry on then. what are you asking me for?

Reply #262
Sorry man. I wanted to have a look by myself. Is it possible to debug the script inside the WSH panel? It is not so easy to code this as I thought.

Reply #263
you can use fb.trace to output stuff to the foobar console.

Reply #264
I have modified your script, that the playcount is increased in the db at the end of the track. Sorry that I annoyed you with that.

Where did you get the nice icons for youtube, myspace and last.fm from? I need some in the same style for wikipedia and discogs.

Reply #266
Hey @marc2003,
a little off-topic, but how do you make the thin separator lines disappear ?

Attached is a picture

Reply #268
hello,
maybe this is a stupid question, but if the script is able to get the lfm playcount on play a track, would it be possible to start looping through the whole lib slowly (because of request limitation), to add the playcount automaticly?

Anyway, thanks for that extension!
cheers
marcus

Reply #269
i'm currently working on a script that will pull all your stats from lastfm at once. it'll be a few days as there are a few things i don't how to do yet.

Reply #271
i have a test version i'd like people to try. this fetches playback stats for the whole last.fm library. there is no way for me to check if the track exists in your foobar library - a record will get created in foo_customdb regardless.

you should use a clean portable install as the database isn't compatible with the old version. components not included - you'll need foo_customdb and wsh panel mod....

http://cid-649d3bfeaf541fbb.skydrive.live....ount%20test.zip

-extract the scripts folder into the main foobar directory
-place the file foo_customdb.dll.cfg in the configuration folder
-import the file lib sync.txt into a WSH panel
-you need to set your username and api_key in the script itself
-you'll need the playlist configured with a custom column the same as before [%LASTFM_PLAYCOUNT_DB2%]

it's just a blank panel - you trigger it via the context menu. you can watch it's progress in the console - it takes awhile. the only way to cancel it is to open the WSH panel dialog and then close it again.

Reply #272
wow, thanks.
could you please explain why using a portable install?
that's a bit unclear to me right now.
can't I use my current customdb_sqlite.db?
or should I copied it to the portable location?

thanks marcus

Reply #273
the reason i suggested using a portable install is for existing users to test it and check the playcounts returned matched the playcounts displayed by the old version.

you can use this with a normal install if you like - the only difference is that the configuration folder is inside

%appdata%\foobar2000

once it's (hopefully) confirmed as working for a few people i'll merge it into the old version so it can continue updating in the background/fetched loved status etc.

Reply #274
ok, I used the fresh new portable install with wsh panel mod + custom db + your custom db cfg
setup a new lib and import the script into wsh panel

after hitting ok I get an error and console say:

Code: [Select]
WSH Panel Mod (GUID: DDBCD92F-7C1A-4ADF-9C71-C2F849AA9E19): Parsing file "C:\Users\mo\Desktop\foobar2000\scripts\marc2003\v2\common.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (GUID: DDBCD92F-7C1A-4ADF-9C71-C2F849AA9E19): Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft JScript: (Runtimeerror in Microsoft JScript)
Automatisierungsserver kann Objekt nicht erstellen.
Ln: 237, Col: 1
<source text only available in compile time>

hope I did everything right or did I miss something?