Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC transcode command line help (Read 2956 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC transcode command line help

I've tried to pass multiple filenames to FLAC -d -c, with no success - it seems to just decode the first file, and not the rest of them.  Is it possible to do this with the existing FLAC 1.1.0, or will this have to wait for a later release?  (I know mppdec.exe, for example, can take multiple input files.)

(Edit - I tried a simple FLAC -d -c file1 file2 > test.wav, and it's as big as it should be, but I can't play the resulting wave file back in Winamp past the end of the first track.)

Thx
--C

Reply #1
You can try shntool: shntool join -nopad *.flac

or using stdout: shntool join -nopad -stdout *.flac | <encoder>

Reply #2
That's a nice idea...I was hoping to avoid a dll install, though, since this is for a distributable utility set.  Perhaps there's a way to decode to raw audio?

--C

Reply #3
Perhaps there's a way to decode to raw audio?

There is, see the docs.

Josh