Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Still cannot convert files to WMA with Foobar (Read 29800 times) previous topic - next topic

Still cannot convert files to WMA with Foobar

I know numerous people have had this problem -- there are a couple threads dealing with it -- and I've tried everything suggested on this site that has worked for other people.  But no matter what I do, I get an error when converting a file to WMA format in Foobar.  It looks like it's converting the file just fine, but I get an error message at the end saying, "An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found)."  However, I can convert files to WMA with dBpoweramp with no problem whatsoever.

I've tried changing the specified encoder to cscript.exe, trying all variations of the command lines suggested.  I've also tried the hot fix for WMA from Microsoft.  Both suggestions were made in this thread and have worked for other people:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....47759&st=50

I also tried copying the cscript.exe file into the Foobar folder, as someone suggested.  Didn't work.

No matter what happens, I get the error, "An error has occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found)."  And no file is created, though an unnamed folder is created if I have Foobar set to create a folder with the artist name. 

I am using the latest version of Foobar 1.1.2 on Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, with User Account Control turned off.  My installed components are ABX Comparator, ALAC Decoder, Album List, Audio CD Writer, CD Audio Decoder, Converter, Default User Interface, File Operations, foobar2000 core, freedb Tagger, Masstagger, Monkey's Audio Decoder, ReplayGain Scanner, Standard DSP Array, Standard Input Array, and ZIP/GZIP/RAR Reader. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Reply #1
Try converting to WAV files of various formats and running that tool on them manually. Start with 32-bit, then move down to 24-bit and 16-bit. If it fails on any of them, adjust the maximum bit depth of your converter output format preset accordingly.

Reply #2
Try converting to WAV files of various formats and running that tool on them manually. Start with 32-bit, then move down to 24-bit and 16-bit. If it fails on any of them, adjust the maximum bit depth of your converter output format preset accordingly.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Do you mean create different WAV files, ranging from 32 to 16 bit, then try to convert them to WMA?  If so, I just tried that, and it failed on all of them.  I then changed the maximum bit depth of the output to 32, and I still got the "Object not found" message when finalizing.

Reply #3
By the way, if it helps to know this, I also cannot burn a CD with Foobar.  I get the error message, "CD burning initialization failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA020C)".  They may be unrelated.

Reply #4
I meant to try feeding the resulting WAV files to the tool directly, from a command prompt, not using foobar2000.

Reply #5
By the way, if it helps to know this, I also cannot burn a CD with Foobar.  I get the error message, "CD burning initialization failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA020C)".  They may be unrelated.

Feed (0xC0AA020C) to search box. Lots of information.

Reply #6
I get an error when converting a file to WMA format in Foobar.

What't your settings, exactly?

Reply #7
I get an error when converting a file to WMA format in Foobar.

What't your settings, exactly?

They're in the next-to-last paragraph in my first post.  EDIT: Oh, if you mean my WMA settings, I've tried at least three:

Encoder: C:\Program Files\foobar2000\WME9.vbs
Parameters: -silent -a_codec WMA9STD -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q98_44_2 -input %s -output %d

and

Encoder: C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe
Parameters: "C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" //NoLogo -silent -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_32 -input %s -output %d

and

Encoder: C:\Program Files\foobar2000\cscript.exe
Parameters: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\cscript.exe" //NoLogo -silent -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_32 -input %s -output %d

Reply #8
I meant to try feeding the resulting WAV files to the tool directly, from a command prompt, not using foobar2000.

I unfortunately don't know how to use the WMA encoder from a command prompt.

Reply #9
First, download and install Windows Media Encoder.

Next, use correct settings:

Parameters: "c:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" -silent -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_16 -input %s -output %d
Highest BPS mode supported: 16

These settings are for compression of CD audio (44kHz/stereo/16bit) to WMA lossless.

Reply #10
First, download and install Windows Media Encoder.

Next, use correct settings:

Parameters: "c:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" -silent -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_16 -input %s -output %d
Highest BPS mode supported: 16

These settings are for compression of CD audio (44kHz/stereo/16bit) to WMA lossless.

Followed exactly; even cut and pasted your command line; I still get:

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\Users\zipzip\Music\Air Supply\(02) The One That You Love.wav"
  An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found) : "C:\Users\zipzip\Music\(02) The One That You Love.wma"
  Conversion failed: Object not found

Reply #11
Have you tried [a href='index.php?showtopic=85654']this[/a]? (Scan the topic for the latest version, although I think the download link has never changed.)

Reply #12
An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found) : "C:\Users\zipzip\Music\(02) The One That You Love.wma"

Maybe the filename can make this kind of error. Try not to use parenthesis.
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Reply #13
Have you tried [a href='index.php?showtopic=85654']this[/a]? (Scan the topic for the latest version, although I think the download link has never changed.)

Thanks, I didn't see that one.  I did try it with the new WMAenc download and the recommended command line, and the encoder crashes after conversion, so there's no output file.  A temp wav file is created, but it's deleted when the encoder crashes.

Reply #14

Maybe the filename can make this kind of error. Try not to use parenthesis.

Thanks, but I already tried deleting the parenthesis, deleting the file number, changing the destination folder, everything.

I guess I give up.  I've literally spent six to eight hours total trying to get Foobar to convert files to WMA, and it simply will not work on my PC.  I have no idea why, but unless someone else has any ideas, I give up.  I'll just have to use dBpoweamp's WMA converter, which works perfectly.  Unfortunately, dBpoweramp doesn't support cue files, so all my albums that I've ripped as FLAC are going to have to be converted to separate files lossless files first, then converted to WMA, but I guess I'll just have to take the extra step.  I don't know what else to do.

Reply #15
Open commamnd prompt window (press Start-> Run, then type cmd.exe)
Type the following line:
cscript.exe "c:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs"

What's the output?

Reply #16
Open commamnd prompt window (press Start-> Run, then type cmd.exe)
Type the following line:
cscript.exe "c:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs"

What's the output?

It says:

Microsoft ® Windows Script Host Version 5.7
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

c:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs(375, 1) WScript.CreateObject: Could not locate automation class named "WMEncEng.WMEncoder".

Reply #17
Probably Windows Media Encoder was installed incorrectly. Try to reinstall it.

Reply #18
Probably Windows Media Encoder was installed incorrectly. Try to reinstall it.

Just downloaded Windows Media Encoder 9 from Softpedia (it's no longer available from Microsoft).  Uninstalled the old version completely and reinstalled the new one.  Typed the command lines you gave above in the command prompt window, and got the identical message:

Microsoft ® Windows Script Host Version 5.7
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

c:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs(375, 1) WScript.CreateObject: Could not locate automation class named "WMEncEng.WMEncoder".

And of course it still won't work with Foobar.  I'm at a loss.

Reply #21
If you are running Win 7 64-bit, did you try this foobar2000 converter setup mentioned in another thread?

Encoder: Custom
Encoder: C:\Windows\sysnative\cscript.exe
Extension: wma
Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" //NoLogo -silent -input %s -output %d -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_16
Format is: Lossless
Highest BPS: 24
Encoder Name: WMA Lossless

Also, depending on the version of WMCmd.vbs you have, you may need to change "-a_codec WMA9LSL" to "-a_codec WMALSL".

Reply #22
If you are running Win 7 64-bit, did you try this foobar2000 converter setup mentioned in another thread?

Encoder: Custom
Encoder: C:\Windows\sysnative\cscript.exe
Extension: wma
Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" //NoLogo -silent -input %s -output %d -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_16
Format is: Lossless
Highest BPS: 24
Encoder Name: WMA Lossless

Also, depending on the version of WMCmd.vbs you have, you may need to change "-a_codec WMA9LSL" to "-a_codec WMALSL".

I'm actually running 32-bit Vista.  I don't have a Synastive folder.

I just tried deleting the "9" from the WMALSL, as you suggested, and it comes up with the same error: no output file.

I'm still getting the error message "WScript.CreateObject: Could not locate automation class named "WMEncEng.WMEncoder"" when I try to run it through the command line, which I think indicates what the problem is.  However, I've tried reinstalling WMA9 Encoder two or three times, including as administrator, and it makes no difference.  WHAT is causing it to not locate WMEndEng.WMEncoder is what the real mystery is, I think.

One new twist I will add is that I just downloaded a more current version of WMCmc.vbs (from 2007 vs. the 2002 version I have), and when I try to run that with cscript.exe in the command line, I get this error message: "Cannot initialize Windows Media Encoder object.  Please verify that Windows Media Encoder 9 Series is correctly installed on your system.  If running 64-bit Windows, make sure that the version of cscript.exe used corresponds to the version (x86/x64) of WME9 installed on your system."

Reply #23
I know this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I too am having the "An error occurred while finalizing the encoding process (Object not found)" problem when trying to convert to wma.

I couldn't find a .vbs file after installing MS Expression 4, so went with tryingout out dBPowerAMP command line syntax.

I know that, I need to somehow specify an input and output filename and the encoder parameters that are encoder specific.

I have tried:

-input"%s -output %d -convert_to="windows media audio 9" -codec="windows media audio 9.2" -settings="320, 44 Khz, Stereo CBR"

lossy, 16bit,

dBPowerAMP (if running in a cmd window wants -inputfile"..." and -outputfile"..." specified (obviously), but I'm not sure how to action that with foobar2000.

this didn't work either:

-infile=%s -outfile=%d -convert_to="windows media audio 9" -codec="windows media audio 9.2" -settings="320, 44 Khz, Stereo CBR"

It's funny because the conversion progress takes place, but no file is created.  It's really annoying.

Reply #24
I got WMecoder working with Fb2k!!!

I just searched the web for Windows Media Encoder, downloaded the latest version for Win XP SP3 32bit (b/c that's my OS).
I already had it installed (apparently), but repaired the installation.

Put in these, and yes, got a working file.

Parameters: "C:\Windows\System32\cscript.exe" //NoLogo -silent -a_codec WMA9LSL -a_mode 2 -a_setting Q100_44_2_32 -input %s -output %d

So I then tweaked to get the file I wanted:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Components\Encoder\WMCmd.vbs" //NoLogo -silent -input %s -output %d -a_codec wma9std -a_setting 320_44_2

320 kbs 44.1 kHz Stereo WMA 9.2 Standard.  Compatible with my CD player, and the highest quality it will except (sadly no lossless  - how dumb).

My problem is that the output from this process is not exactly the same as the one output from dBpowerAmp.  I have got to try and find out what the differences are, but it's not identical, so dBpowerAmp is employing something different in there.