Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Beta 43 Playlist Switcher (Read 7795 times) previous topic - next topic

Beta 43 Playlist Switcher

Reply #25
About hiding the tabs:
Yes. And suprisingly it's right there where anyone should expect it - in default UI options.

no, it isn't. I suppose it would be more intuitive, if the tabs can be hidden/shown in the same right-click menu, where you also can hide/show the toolbars.

I suppose this may also be the reason why so many people ask where the option is to disable them.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #26
I suppose it would be more intuitive, if the tabs can be hidden/shown in the same right-click menu, where you also can hide/show the toolbars.

But tabs aren't on one of the toolbars. Once they're gone there's nothing you can "rightclick" to invoke menu.

I suppose this may also be the reason why so many people ask where the option is to disable them.

No it isn't. The only reason I see here is that people are too lazy to go through the options of software they're using. It's all there.

If Peter would put it in "playback" configuration then you could say it is in wrong, not intuitive place, but he made new part of the GUI and put configuration of this new part in GUI configuration. It should be the first (or second if you really insist on this right-click thingy) place to look for such option.

Reply #27
found this behaviour quite weird:

when u assign shortcut keys for previous playlist and next playlist, previous playlist actually switches to next tab, and vice versa 

not a major problem, but i was just thinking maybe it shoud be the other way round...

Reply #28
A few comments/ideas (using RC2 BTW):

- CTRL-Tab should cycle tabs. I know you can bind keys to it, but CTRL-Tab and CTRL-SHIFT-Tab are the standard shortcuts for cycling tabs in most windows programs and as such are what I'm used to. Plus there's no way to bind anything to "Tab" that I know of anyways... In addition, I think it'd be nice to have a "next playlist" command added to the context menu, for convenience's sake.

- Make "send to playlist" a submenu with each playlist easily selectable, then add a "new playlist" item to the top of that menu... opening the dialog box every time is a huge pain in the ass.  I also agree with that other poster, creating a new tab should automatically prompt you for a name.

- About the different playlists playing, maybe you could mark the one you want to always play? If none of them are marked then it'd return back to default behavior, but it'd fix the problem with accidentally switching the order things are played.

Reply #29
i like this switcher. it is great!

btw, when i double click the status bar, i want to know which playlist the song playing is in.

if i choose "start playing when startup", i hope it starts from the last song i played before i shut it down.

thanks.

Reply #30
Is there any way to lock the playlists so they can't be accidently changed?

I've put all of my albums under a different playlist and I don't want anyone to be able to muck around with them.

It'd have to be on an individual basis that they're locked of course so you could have at least one that is unlocked.

Reply #31
Is there any way to lock the playlists so they can't be accidently changed?

What about making those playlists read-only? That seems more logical to me, than adding a feature for it in foobar2000. Though a nice add-on would be the ability to control the read-only flag of a file from within foobar2000's file info window.

More on-topic in this thread: What about a new field %_playlist_name% so people who have the tabs hidden can show the name of the current active playlist in the main window title or status bar.

Reply #32
One thing I've noticed is that the tabbed playlists are stored in the foobar2000 folder regardless of whether or not user profile support is enabled. This means that every user has the same tabbed playlists. I'm assuming this is an oversight rather than intended behaviour.

EDIT: This is with RC2. Haven't tried RC3.

Reply #33
I think that the name (at the playlist tab) of playlist which contains the "now plaing" song should be highlighted with other (customizable) color.

Reply #34
But tabs aren't on one of the toolbars. Once they're gone there's nothing you can "rightclick" to invoke menu.

the menu too isn't one of the toolbars, is it?!?
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #35

the menu too isn't one of the toolbars, is it?!?

Yeah, you're right. Peter should be ashamed of himself     

Reply #36
I think that the name (at the playlist tab) of playlist which contains the "now plaing" song should be highlighted with other (customizable) color.

and i'm think thah every playlist must have separately choosen format string (maybe integration with foo_syfm?) so i may put single tracks in one pl. and albums in another, and temporary untagged shit in third playlist. Why not?
who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep

Reply #37

and i'm think thah every playlist must have separately choosen format string (maybe integration with foo_syfm?) so i may put single tracks in one pl. and albums in another, and temporary untagged shit in third playlist. Why not?

That would be pretty simple if the name of the tab/playlist was available for formatting use (e.g. %_playlist_name% as SatCP suggested). I don't how hard it would be to implement something like that, or if it would cause undesired side effects.

Reply #38
I love this feature!
A small wish: I've noticed after you swith from Tab A to Tab B and play some songs there, then switch back to Tab A, foobar still remember the last play position in Tab A , so you can go on from that position, UNTIL exit foobar. I wish foobar can remember every Tabs last playing position even after exit and restart it.

Reply #39
Needs a "Delete Playlist" in addition to the "Remove Playlist" -- I dont want those playlists chillin on my harddrive  lol