Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New fb2k 0.7 betas no longer update titlebar (Read 2210 times) previous topic - next topic

New fb2k 0.7 betas no longer update titlebar

Since around Beta 20 or so -- I can't remember off hand, foobar2000 no longer will update the title bar while playing a song AND is minimized to system tray.

I have the following title bar format string:

'['[%artist%']' - ]$if(%title%,['['%album%[ #[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2)]'] ']%title%,%_filename_ext%) '('%_time_elapsed% / %_time_total%')' $if(%_ispaused%, -:- Paused -:-)

Which updates the titlebar with the current song position, etc.  I used to be able to minimize to the system tray and be able to use a plugin I wrote to grab that information from the title bar and process it.  This does not happen when I have it minimize to the taskbar.

Now, even using Spy++, the title bar only updates when I either open the window, pause/unpause or when the song changes (it shows 0:00 the entire length of the song) unless I open the window or pause/unpause, then it only shows the time at the last time foo was 'active' or the point in time that I paused/unpaused the song.

If the newer versions stopped this functionality on purpose, that's cool, but I figured I would post this in case nobody knew about it.

I am currently running 0.7RC2, but since somewhere in the beta 20s or so is when I think it stopped working.  I'm not using any third-party plugins either.

I am also running Windows XP MCE if that helps.  It also happens on a PC running Windows XP Professional.

Thanks in advance for any help or comments!

New fb2k 0.7 betas no longer update titlebar

Reply #1
Yeah right. Waste CPU time executing titleformatting scripts while one or two people running some uncommon software might actually see their results. Write your own goddamned component displaying whatever you need instead of watching title of an invisible window.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.