Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TagBox Tag Editing Plugin (Read 148334 times) previous topic - next topic

TagBox Tag Editing Plugin

Reply #175
Just added this to my foobar setup last night.  Great little plugin.  However, there are a couple little things I wanted to mention that I think might make it better:

1) Would it be possible to make it more keyboard friendly? I like that you can use the up/down arrow keys and pg up/pg down but as far as I can tell, there's no way to close the standalone tagbox window with the keyboard.  With the standard foobar properties window, I can just hit enter (or tab over to "OK" and then hit enter).
2) I also seem to be experiencing that bug that minimizes foobar after closing the tagbox standalone window (but only after saving changes to the tags).  Is there any way to fix this? It's not bad if I'm just making small changes, but it could get pretty irritating when I'm doing larger editing jobs.

Reply #176
For 2) I found the "workaround" to deselect files before closing down. Still cumbersome, not as nerve-wrecking as the minimize problem, at least for me. It should definitely be fixed, otherwise a nice component.

Reply #177
After more usage:
+1 for multiline edit

Reply #178
This component's configuration is seriously broken under high DPI settings.  (It's impossible to Delete any fields after Adding them because there is no X button.)

Reply #179
I really like this component, but got more problems:

- TagBox does not work correctly when opened via Right-Click outside the Playlist context, e.g. the Media Library Search window (selects random files instead of the selected files, seriously scary if someone wasn't paying attention and modified the tags for the wrong files!)

Please fix or source so someone else can?

Reply #180
Hello,

I have foobar configured with "Automatically synchronize file tags with statistics". For tagging and set rating I use primarly TagBox.
When I set rating in the TagBox on playing a file, any time later after synchronize the statistics with the file tags, the rating in the file is set to the value in the playback statistic.
I have read in this topic and find out, this is a bug and it should be solved in a next version?
My questions are, is this really a bug and exist a solution for this?

Thanks for information and current status for set rating (from playback statistic) in tagbox

Reply #181
Is it possible to add multiple rows with this wonderful tool? I want to be able to paste the lyrics in the comment-tag for example.

Reply #182
Not sure this component is being updated anymore. At any rate, I added it to one of my tabs, but unfortunately there are no vertical scrollbars, making it useless for my current layout. You need a certain amount of vertical space to even see the 'Apply Changes' button. Not sure if this is a bug or what?

Too bad because it would be handy and I like it otherwise.

Reply #183
Filename -> Tag  function stopped working on my foobar anymore.   

How can I fix it?

Reply #184
Hi. I found a bug. For example we have tag "power" and tag "action" for field "comment" made by Tagger Mod. In the Tagger Mod panel this tags is separately checked. But, when i manually correct "comment" field (print one letter and delete it is enough), than a new line with tag "power; action" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with tags "power" and "action" is checking off.
Also, when i manually add a new tag in the field (for example i add tag "extreme" to the tags "power; action" through the symbol ";" - "power; action; extreme") than a new line with tag "power; action; extreme" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with old tags also cleared. Through what symbol can i add a new tag to exlude this problem (clearing old tags).

Reply #185
The author has replied and all works.
I found a bug.
No, you didn't.

when i manually correct "comment" field (print one letter and delete it is enough), than a new line with tag "power; action" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with tags "power" and "action" is checking off.
As long as you don't define the comment field as a multivalue field for the properties dialog (Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Properties -> Multivalue fields) and you change the value through the properties dialog as described, this is the expected behavior.

Through what symbol can i add a new tag to exlude this problem (clearing old tags).
See above. Besides this you can also add multiple values separated by semicolons through the Tagger panel directly by typing them in into the "-- add values --" box.

Reply #186
This component's configuration is seriously broken under high DPI settings.  (It's impossible to Delete any fields after Adding them because there is no X button.)

+1 for this please. Half the labels outside the scrolling field list are obscured, and you can only see the left two thirds of each entry in the scrolling list, the most annoying consequence is you cannot remove fields as the X button is on the right. My workaround has been to edit the existing fields, to put the fields I want at the top, then to hide the rest in my foobar2000 layout. Was hoping to manually edit the settings, but I couldn't find where the component's settings are stored (registry, foobar2000/configuration, etc).

A really really handy extension though, thanks.

Reply #187
Nothing like this exists for CUI?

Reply #188
This component works fine with Columns UI. The only difference AFAIK is that it cannot be added to your layout as a CUI panel (opens in its own window) but it can be embedded as a DUI element.

Another tag editing component is Tagger Panel (although it looks and functions differently than TagBox). It can be embedded in a CUI panel but not embedded in the DUI (opens in its own window).

Reply #189
Hi. I found a bug. For example we have tag "power" and tag "action" for field "comment" made by Tagger Mod. In the Tagger Mod panel this tags is separately checked. But, when i manually correct "comment" field (print one letter and delete it is enough), than a new line with tag "power; action" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with tags "power" and "action" is checking off.
Also, when i manually add a new tag in the field (for example i add tag "extreme" to the tags "power; action" through the symbol ";" - "power; action; extreme") than a new line with tag "power; action; extreme" is added in the Tagger Mod panel and the boxes with old tags also cleared. Through what symbol can i add a new tag to exlude this problem (clearing old tags).

I noticed this too (if it is what I think it is). Like this:

I have 2 songs with different Artist tags. I mark them, and in TagBox it shows "multiple values" under Artist. Then I hit that arrow symbol next to the Artist text, and lets say that I've put "artist text" there in the list, so I click on that one. Then it should appear in the textbox, but it doesn't. The textbox remains empty, but even with it empty, the Apply Changes button becomes enabled. If I then click on that one, the Artist tags becomes like this: "Dead Can Dance; artist text" and "Elend; artist text". And not like "artist text" and "artist text" like it should be.

Hope this gets fixed, it's a bit annoying.

Reply #190
I have 2 songs with different Artist tags. I mark them, and in TagBox it shows "multiple values" under Artist. Then I hit that arrow symbol next to the Artist text, and lets say that I've put "artist text" there in the list, so I click on that one. Then it should appear in the textbox, but it doesn't. The textbox remains empty, but even with it empty, the Apply Changes button becomes enabled.

I cannot speak as to text not displaying in the dropdown since I've never encountered that behavior. Perhaps if you posted a screenshot it would better demonstrate what you're seeing.

If I then click on that one, the Artist tags becomes like this: "Dead Can Dance; artist text" and "Elend; artist text". And not like "artist text" and "artist text" like it should be.

This is likely just the "Behavior" for that tag in TagBox. It's currently set to "Append" new values. You'll want to change the behavior to "Replace."

The settings are found at Preferences > Tools > Tagging > TagBox and are set on a per tag basis.

Hope this gets fixed, it's a bit annoying.

Don't hold your breath. The developer hasn't posted in 2.5 years.

Reply #191
Is there a way to remove the default genres from the auto-fill, and add one's own genres instead?

Quite silly that these useless genres are hard-coded in the (binary format) foo_tagbox.dll.cfg... is there any way to edit that file, besides raw hex editing?

EDIT: Hex-editing that file doesn't give the desired results - I still don't see my genres after restarting FB2K.

Reply #192
Quite silly that these useless genres are hard-coded in the (binary format) foo_tagbox.dll.cfg... is there any way to edit that file, besides raw hex editing?
So you think storing configuration values in an appropriate file is silly? Strange.

It appears also strange to me instead to read the documentation to search in a binary file to get the answer for your question.

Reply #193
I have a field called Moods that is set to append values already in database using Auto Suggest but none of the values are suggested. It's only happening on this particular field; I've tested others with the same settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply #194
This component works fine with Columns UI. The only difference AFAIK is that it cannot be added to your layout as a CUI panel (opens in its own window) but it can be embedded as a DUI element.

How can I do that?

Reply #195
+suggestion

Ability to rearrange labels by drag-n-drop
    -preferences
    -ui element
    -

because manually choosing up/down is very tedious and hard to track due to the window size and format.

Reply #196
+suggestion

Ability to copy 'Preferences' setup to 'UI element'

this is because if I wanted to rearranged the way my foobar2000 looks it would be eaiser to get the same format as the one that is presented in 'Preferences > Tools > Tagging > TagBox' so I don't have to keep re-formatting.

Reply #197
Tag Box 2.12 no longer working with foobar 1.3.8. 'Apply Changes' button always disabled

Reply #198
Tag Box 2.12 no longer working with foobar 1.3.8. 'Apply Changes' button always disabled

It works fine with 1.3.8 for me.

If you're opening TagBox via View in the main menu or if it's embedded in your Default UI configuration, you'll need to select a file or files in the playlist and then add/modify tags for the "Apply Changes" button to become enabled. If you're opening TagBox via the context menu, you'll need to add/modify tags for the "Apply Changes" button to become enabled.

Reply #199

How can I do that?

I'm also interested. What is the procedure to add the tagbox panel to a CUI layout?
I'm late