Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Johnny Cash dead at 71 (Read 3967 times) previous topic - next topic

Johnny Cash dead at 71

The end of the man in black.

Johnny Cash died today (friday Sept 12) at 71 from complications related to diabetes. He leaves behind a massive amount of work, including 48 billboard (pop) charting singles.  In 1969, on the success of his two superb live albums (At Folsom Prison & At San Quentin) his record sales accounted for 5 percent of all record sales in the US - more even than The Beatles.
  He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1980, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1992.

He won 11 grammys and joins his wife June Carter Cash in death.

I don't suppose I'll be listening to much else today.
fixed some spelling

Johnny Cash dead at 71

Reply #1
Man... really sad news.

Johnny Cash dead at 71

Reply #2
:'(
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Johnny Cash dead at 71

Reply #3
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Johnny Cash dead at 71

Reply #4
Sad news. The man doesn't come around anymore...

I really discovered his music only recentely (after he signed with American Recordings actually) though I've been knowing his name for long but for some bad reasons have always been reluctant to listen to country & western. Then I realised how much he was an influence over some bands/artists that I like.

Anyway, Johnny Cash took the time to enjoy every side of life, especially the dark side.