Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_run and the album art downloader (Read 9693 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_run and the album art downloader

Can one of you very kind chaps tell me how to install the coverdownloader plugin (is it a plugin?), along with foo_run into Foobar.
I get a 410 error message with Amazon and a parameter not valid error with iTunes Music Store

Help

Reply #1
I use this for covers
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Album Art Downloader\AlbumArt.exe" /ar "%artist%" /al "%album%" /mn 300 /mx 1000 /path "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg"

and this for artist.jpg
"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Album Art Downloader\AlbumArt.exe" /sources "LastFM Artist" /ar "%artist%" /mn 300 /mx 1000 /path "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)artist.jpg"

this for discimage or back
"C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Album Art Downloader\AlbumArt.exe" /sources "Discogs,Coveralia" /ar "%artist%" /al "%album%" /mn 300 /mx 1000 /path "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)back.jpg"

The 410 error I have not seen before.

Reply #2
Thanks!

Problem is that I don't know what to do with these "Codes"

Help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Reply #3
install foo_run. go to preferences > tools > run services.
there you can add these codes and then run them from contextmenu. select a song, choose the run service (for example find cover) and album art downloader will start, search for covers, and you choose one and it will save it for you in the folder the song is in.

Reply #4
Hi,

Do you happen to know a way to save the cover image to the file tags?

Thanks.

Reply #5
When I use the code below in VISTA 64 bit I cannot get the program to run.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AlbumArtDownloader\AlbumArt.exe" /ar "%artist%" /al "%album%" /mn 300 /mx 1000 /path "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)front.jpg"

If I remove the path from foo_run and place it in my environment PATH, it works fine with the code below.
AlbumArt.exe /ar "%artist%" /al "%album%" /mn 300 /mx 1000 /path "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)front.jpg"

Is there a way to get this to run keeping the file path in foo_run?
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #6
I did get this to work:
C:\Progra~2\AlbumArtDownloader\AlbumArt.exe /ar "%artist%" /al "%album%" /mn 300 /mx 1000 /path "$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)front.jpg"
without quotes in the path. I still have not been able to get to work using the full path name.
Surf's Up!

Reply #7
The quotes are needed if you have a space in your path (like "program files". You have progra~2, no space so you don't need quotes).

Create a shortcut in windows to albumart.exe. Open the shortcut properties, copy the targetpath, paste it in the runcommand as path (use quotes if spaces are there). Should work.

Else, give a better explanation of the errors you get.

Reply #8
There is really not much of an explanation to give. When I quoted the PATH, neither AAD or MP3tag would start. Unquoting the PATH didn't work either. The only way that it would work was by using the 8 character PATh name. I was just wondering if this is a VISTA issue?
Surf's Up!

Reply #10
()s are special characters in title formatting. Escape them like this: "..\Program Files '(x86)'\.."

Reply #11
Thank you. It never dawned on me that title formatting would be the issue.
Surf's Up!

Reply #12
Where does it save the files to?

How come it still doesn't show up in Album Art section on FooBar2k

EDIT: I guess it goes to the folder where the song is, Sadly Everyone of my songs doesn't have it's own folder. I guess I got some work to do if I want this to work.

Reply #13
When it grabs the right pictures, you have correct album and artist tags. in that case you could use foobar to move everything with a few clicks to %artist%/%album%/%filename_ext% (or variations on these). Be sure all tags artist and album are filled when doing this (use the search for example like NOT %artist% MISSING AND NOT %album% MISSING to filter out all good songs), your structure should be ok after that for the use of albumartdownloader.

edit:
i do not see a folder.jpg in your folder. you didn't grab it?

Reply #14
No Don't get me wrong it does grab that Album art correctly, But What I'm trying to get working is the area hilighted in Red.

Reply #15
i think you should address that here

it's elplaylist and we couldn't know where its setting refers for album art
maybe you'll find the answer just browsing through that thread

[edit]
from the first post it seems that it looks in "z:/_artists_/%artist%.jpg"

[edit 2]
well, that is for elplaylist and you are pointing on graphical browser: then right click on it, select settings and see where it looks for artist art