Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Core Media Player 5 (Read 15857 times) previous topic - next topic

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #25
OK, give me a break. I know there are plenty of SourceForge wanabee and that's great. The reality is much simpler than that. We always worked with the CoreCodec people from the start and decided that they want to host many OSS projects that deal only with multimedia. A more focused community that all the SF likes.

At the time we were on SourceForge and got more and more pissed when we couldn't not commit our code for hours or days nor update our website. That's why we decided to move to CC, which was not an easy choice. But I'm glad we did it, wether you like it or not.

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #26
Do we (as users or potential users) really care about where developpers are hosting their sources?

I probably missed something, because I do not really see the point about discussing where projects should be hosted. Developpers can choose whatever they want, after all they are the people using the hosting infrastructure.

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #27
Because the MLs of SourceForge include ads ? Because the projects contain ads too ?

Well, correct me if I am wrong but both cc.org and cc/ccd.com contain ads.    Please, note that I have absolutely no objections against ads ... I just don't like hypocrates who say "only ads on my site are OK"

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #28
No they don't have ads because I pay not to have ads there (.org, I don't care about the .com one). But it will change in the future because I can't pay for the whole bandwidth.

So you'd better learn the facts before insulting people. 

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #31
LOL. Getting personal, Steve?

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #32
I am 100% positive that corecodec.org HAS ads.

Well as you two are bitching, I had a look 

The .org doesn't have ads, BUT it links to the .com which does. So strictly speaking robux4 is correct (and kudos to the bloke for the work he does by the way), but browsing it you'd eventually hit on a .com link.

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #33
Well as you two are bitching, I had a look  

The .org doesn't have ads, BUT it links to the .com which does. So strictly speaking robux4 is correct (and kudos to the bloke for the work he does by the way), but browsing it you'd eventually hit on a .com link.

Where is CoreCodec.org ? Our GForge development project server took a beating and had some hardware failure. Good news is all project files are ok... but we are now turning towards the CoreCodec Community for some hardware donations to get a true  'Enterprise' Class Project Server up at our dedicated ISP so this does not happen again.

Their server is down for some time. The site you can see is not the corecodec.org I was talking about 

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #34
There used to be at least one ad on the frontpage of corecodec.org

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #35

Until I asked them to remove it.

Now there are logos of Bugopolis who gave CC the server for free. You might consider this as advertisement, I consider it as a "thank you". Like the Invasion Power Board link on the bottom of each pages here.

(and yes, Radlight is quite infamous in our small community )

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #36

Until I asked them to remove it.

Now there are logos of Bugopolis who gave CC the server for free. You might consider this as advertisement, I consider it as a "thank you". Like the Invasion Power Board link on the bottom of each pages here.

(and yes, Radlight is quite infamous in our small community )

Good point, it's just like the invision board ad.

DAvenger, you said:

Well, correct me if I am wrong but both cc.org and cc/ccd.com contain ads.

So this:

The site you can see is not the corecodec.org I was talking about

... means nothing, unless you tell us which cc.org you're talking about

Everyone: Why is this subject so bitchy? Do we want to lose more people from the audio coding scene? I couldn't give an arse about Matroska till it supports mpc natively, but I like what robux etc are doing. Gentle persuasion is the way if he doesn't think the way you do

The Core Media Player 5

Reply #37
Everyone: Why is this subject so bitchy? Do we want to lose more people from the audio coding scene? I couldn't give an arse about Matroska till it supports mpc natively, but I like what robux etc are doing. Gentle persuasion is the way if he doesn't think the way you do

In deed, with M$ and MPEG-4 getting wide spread support from so many sides now, all the existing opensource formats should try to unite forces instead of bitching at each other, but i guess people are too much focussed on what they are trying to do so they never get a clear view of the complete picture ...... having said that, i guess that well includes me and the complete matroska/cc.org team also  ......