Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 11,025hz crackles (Read 1793 times) previous topic - next topic

11,025hz crackles

Hello everyone,
I'm having a problem which introduces crackles into audio of an 11,025hz sample rate. I have played multiple files multiple times (in foobar2000) and each time the crackle sounds different. I then added the resampler into the dsp chain and set it to 44,100hz. This completely eliminated the crackles. I also tried setting the buffer ridiculously high, and there was no change, the crackles were still happening. I believe these three things would indicate that the crackle is not part of the file, but is caused by something else. I have a Realtek ALC888 with the latest drivers, and I am running Windows XP 32 bit. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

11,025hz crackles

Reply #1
Well I found the problem. I for some reason had the AC'97 driver installed next to the HD Audio driver. I just uninstalled both, then reinstalled the HD driver, restarted, and all was fine. Sorry for making this thread before I noticed this.