Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Random Pools (foo_random_pools) (Read 176494 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_random_pools

Reply #100
@e11
You may want to check out foo_random, Randomized playlist entries as well. From it's description "Pseudo-radio station that plays songs from your media library." Try adding more than one random playlist entry.

foo_random_pools

Reply #101
foo_random_pools is a foobar2000 component for creating random playlist  entries selected and grouped by various pool definitions.

Wow, this is a powerful tool. Thank you! Brings fun and forgotten music back to my life ;)

Just three feature requests:

1)

Inline Editing.
I double-click on the "0" on field "Priority" and can just edit the number, instead of opening the "Random pool" Window, change the priority and close the window again. Would save some time and will help to easy change priorities for testing purposes IMHO.

2)
I encountered, that if all entries have priority 0, the first entry of the list will be chosen automaticly, when plugin is called via autoadd.

Sometimes i don't want the plugin to do its job, so i'd like to disable it. there seems not to be an easy way to do this.
Might it be a way to add an
  • active[/b] checkbox to each entry, so the user can enable/disable entries as he/she likes?
    that way i could disable all entries and therefore your fine plugin would have some rest.

Or maybe a single
    • Enable plugin[/b] Checkbox in the main config window?

3)
      Duplicate an existing entry so i could easily add/change some settings without retyping (or copy&paste) all the settings from another entry.

cheers,

foo_random_pools

Reply #102
I'm using this plugin to add whole albums as per mrinferno's example.

I've got tracks in my library with ALBUM ARTIST set empty, e.g. white-labels that don't correspond to any release on Discogs. Because of the fallback behaviour of ALBUM ARTIST, these single tracks get picked by my album pool, and I don't want them to. I can't test if ALBUM ARTIST is not empty in the filter query, e.g. using NOT %ALBUM ARTIST% IS ? because of the fallback behaviour of ALBUM ARTIST which finds the track-level artist tag value instead.

Do I have to go tag all these rogue tracks with an ALBUM ARTIST value e.g. 'Unknown Album' and test against that, or remove their ALBUM ARTIST tags completely and test for %ALBUM ARTIST% PRESENT... or is there a better way of achieving what I want?

I'm thinking someone here has probably come across this problem already... TIA.

foo_random_pools

Reply #103
Use album artist PRESENT (withouth %)

foo_random_pools

Reply #104
Use album artist PRESENT (withouth %)

Ah, I'd overlooked the remapping being optional, thanks.
This relies on single-artist albums all having ALBUM ARTIST set, and thus not relying on remapping though.

foo_random_pools

Reply #105
Didn't explain myself well in that last post... for this to work as intended, ALBUM ARTIST would need to be explicitly set on single artist releases, contrary to the encouraged tag standards...

foo_random_pools

Reply #106
Didn't explain myself well in that last post... for this to work as intended, ALBUM ARTIST would need to be explicitly set on single artist releases, contrary to the encouraged tag standards...

Ah, setting the group to %DIRECTORYNAME% does the trick.

This is a good component, it's got me listening to stuff I'd long forgotten!
As stated by someone previously, checkboxes to enable/disable pools individually would be handy.

foo_random_pools

Reply #107
hey there, thanks for this nice plugin.

could someone give me a tipp, what's wrong with my filter expression shown below.
i try to add 200 tracks, max 1 per album and limited to NOT PLAYED DURING LAST 4 DAYS.
But with my used filter expression, it doesnt work. the expression for NOT PLAYED DURING LAST 4 DAYS is not been considered.

Group: %album%
Nr.ofGroups2Add: 200
Filter: (%path% HAS "\COLLECTION\") AND ((%genre% IS Electronic) OR (%genre% IS Dance) AND NOT (%last_played% DURING LAST 4 DAYS))
Limit Nr.ofTracks2Add: 1
Sort: $rand()
Sort/LimitEachGroup: Checked

Hope someone could help me out with this.
Thanks for this awesome plugin! fb2k is what you make of it!
greets, dls

foo_random_pools

Reply #108
Filter: (%path% HAS "\COLLECTION\") AND ((%genre% IS Electronic) OR (%genre% IS Dance) AND NOT (%last_played% DURING LAST 4 DAYS))

Should be:

Code: [Select]
(%path% HAS "\COLLECTION\") AND ((%genre% IS Electronic) OR (%genre% IS Dance) AND (NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 4 DAYS))

assuming you want:

files where path has collection and genre is either electronic or dance and the files have not been been played in the last 4 days.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

foo_random_pools

Reply #109
Actually thinking about it, your method may only apply "NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 4 DAYS" to "%genre% IS Dance". So you probably want to bundle the %genre% stuff together but not nest the %last_played%, like so:

Code: [Select]
(%path% HAS "\COLLECTION\") AND (%genre% IS Electronic OR %genre% IS Dance) AND (NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 4 DAYS)

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

foo_random_pools

Reply #110
thanks a lot, carpman! this was the fault. i'm not that experienced with coding... just for foobar-purposes.

foo_random_pools

Reply #111
another question regarding my upper posting...

how could i change the settings to add 720 minutes of Tracks instead of an amount of 200?

foo_random_pools

Reply #112
Hi !

I have some pools configured as below :

When there is no group returned by the first pool (because the is no more match) with priority 100, nothing is added to my playlist. I think the problem will be the same when an other pool will be empty.

Can you confirm that's the intended behavior ?
Is there a way to automatically switch to an other pool when the one chosen with priorities returns nothing ? If not, is it possible to add this feature ?

Thank you.

foo_random_pools

Reply #113
Can you confirm that's the intended behavior?
Is there a way to automatically switch to an other pool when the one chosen with priorities returns nothing ? If not, is it possible to add this feature ?
That's funny. I recently stumbled also over this behaviour and changed it already. An updated version, which covers this together with a bugfix is available.

foo_random_pools

Reply #114
Thanks for the update.

Unfortunately the problem still occurs.
Each pool is configured to return one album based on some filters (based on %added% and %play_count% values).
When I delete the content of my targeted playlist, a new album is added or it is left blank (seems like the first pool has been chosen).

Let me know if you want more details.

foo_random_pools

Reply #115
When I delete the content of my targeted playlist, a new album is added or it is left blank (seems like the first pool has been chosen).
I can't confirm this. Works perfectly here.

Let me know if you want more details.
Did you actually update to the latest version (0.1.1)?
Is it ensured, that at least one pool with priority != 0 returns a result?
What are your pool definitions?

Note: Depending on your library size it might need some seconds, before a pool with lower priority will be added to the playlist.

foo_random_pools

Reply #116

I have missed something... I used components update check to update but I haven't checked the version after restart.
Now I have checked and the displayed version of the component is still 0.1.0.

I tried a manual update with the zip file but it's the same version number displayed.

Is it ensured, that at least one pool with priority != 0 returns a result?

Yes, it's absolutely sure. If I change the priority of my pool with no results (the first one) to 0, the target playlist is always filled.

What are your pool definitions?

Group : %album artist%-%album%
Filter : %play_count% MISSING OR %play_count% IS 0
Priority : 100

Filter :  %play_count% IS 1 AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 4 DAYS
Priority : 50

Filter : %play_count% GREATER 1 AND %added% DURING LAST 60 DAYS AND NOT %last_played% DURING LAST 4 DAYS
Priority : 10

Filter : %path% HAS "Audiothèque" AND %filename_ext% HAS ".flac" AND %added% DURING LAST 365 DAYS
Priority : 30

foo_random_pools

Reply #117

I have missed something... I used components update check to update but I haven't checked the version after restart.
Now I have checked and the displayed version of the component is still 0.1.0.
Aargh. I tried to upload the archive as fb2k-component-archive, which was rejected, but I didn't notice the relevant error message. Now, the latest version is actually uploaded.

foo_random_pools

Reply #118
The concept for this plugin is great.

I had the following setting set to create a playlist with a mixture of Doujin from Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, but when go to File > Random Pools > All Pools nothing seemed to happen? Can anyone explain the basic behaviour of this plugin?

Edited: Well it seemed that I will have to manually click the Pool name instead of All Pool for it to work.

foo_random_pools

Reply #119

I had the following setting set to create a playlist with a mixture of Doujin from Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, but when go to File > Random Pools > All Pools nothing seemed to happen? Can anyone explain the basic behaviour of this plugin?

Edited: Well it seemed that I will have to manually click the Pool name instead of All Pool for it to work.

Set Priority higher than 0.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_random_pools

Reply #120

Set Priority higher than 0.

Gee thanks. I really did overlooked that part.

foo_random_pools

Reply #121
BTW is there any way to add the Random Pool into the Context Menu? E.g. right click on an empty playlist, then select the Random Pool to add. I had created a bunch of Random Pools and just hate to go to the File menu > Random Pools > Selection just to add it to the playlist. I thought of assigning keyboard shortcut but it's not too viable to assign each to every pool.

foo_random_pools

Reply #122
Hi fbuser,

could you explain what the new option "Filter with the content of target playlist" exactly do? I understood the help-file that just duplicate files would be removed - no more, no less! Right? Will the removed tracks be replaced by others?

foo_random_pools

Reply #123
The use of "removed" might be a little bit misleading here, although filtering is just removing certain parts from a total quantity. But using remove in this sense, the answers for the last two questions are: Yes, No.

foo_random_pools

Reply #124
I'd like to create a playlist of randomly chosen albums, not more than 1000mb in total size, from the playlist named PL2.

I can do everything other than restrict the chosen albums to those in PL2.  Is there some way to do this?

Group: %album%
Number of groups: 999
Number of MBs: 1000
Limit after sorting: checked

everything else unchecked, empty or 0