Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_skip_silence (Read 60709 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #25
I want to add my "Thank you" to this list. I'll try it out.

You are doing a great job on porting those left plugins!

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #26
Nice. Thanks for the effort. It will be perfect if you can port gap killer as well but maybe i'm asking too much heh.

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #27
Nice. Thanks for the effort. It will be perfect if you can port gap killer as well but maybe i'm asking too much heh.

why not just use foo_dsp_continuator? I think it's an advanced gap killer.

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #28
with the new foobar2000 v0.9.3 beta 1 everything works fine regarding the seekbar and displayed playback time problem -- as expected

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #29
Works with 0.9.3 beta 1, thank you Acropolis

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #30
I seem to be having some problem. Sometimes (maybe when the silence is too long perhaps) foob locks up with almost 99% CPU usage, while it's skipping.
This happend a lot with beta2, now it's disabled but i can put it back.

Anyone else notice?

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #31
ok i may just be a complete moron but how do i download this? is this some wacky encryption method or what? there's no dl at all on your page, just pictures

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #32
Thanks!
Downloading...
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #33
download link broken~

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #35
BTW, I can't get this DSP to properly process short periods of silence at the beginning of a track. It just keeps jumping forward, screwing the first tones.

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #36
site down.. redirects to funds site.. what is with that anyway?

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #38
I reinstalled my windows and then tried to get foobar the same as it was before the reinstall. I copied all my files from the old installation over a fresh installation and everything workes except for skip_silence. I get the following message when i start foobar:

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_skip_silence.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

How should i fix this?
Inter Deum et Diabolum semper Musica est", Tanzwut

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #39
I reinstalled my windows and then tried to get foobar the same as it was before the reinstall. I copied all my files from the old installation over a fresh installation and everything workes except for skip_silence. I get the following message when i start foobar:

Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_skip_silence.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

How should i fix this?

either install the vc8 runtime libraries or net framework, all my components need it.

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #40
yeah i noticed. It works now. Thx
Inter Deum et Diabolum semper Musica est", Tanzwut

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #41
now i remember why i stopped using this component, it creates short periods of loud static. so far i've noticed it with monkeys audio files. it happens right in the middle of the music as well, not just quiet or silent parts.

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #42

Umm... excuse the n00bness, but what exactly does this do?

It skips silent parts in a music file, f. e. those last tracks on an album where you have to wait for like 10 minutes of silence and get 2 minutes of music. You can adjust the threshold (below which it is defined as "silence") and the minimum silence duration to be skipped.

Nothing against this, but some artists do that on purpose, don't they?

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #43
[edit]whoops, wrong tab...
delete me.
elevatorladylevitateme

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #44
Nothing against this, but some artists do that on purpose, don't they?

I think all artists do that on purpose.
Nothing is impossible if you don't need to do it yourself.

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #45
Hi Acropolis,

I have quite a few tracks which weren't encoded gaplessly, i.e. there's some milliseconds of silence. I had a look into the files: there's 1024 samples in the beginning and more than 1500 in the end.

The winamp people have gapless playback, but we've lost the gap-killer.
With your plugin, you're close to give us the old gapkiller. We just additionally need a slider "maximum length ogf silence to skip" and the guarantee of your plugin to skip only gaps at the beginning and end of tracks.

Also, it should maybe preread a bit? If I set the threashold to 100 and the minimum length to 0, there's still a noticible crackle on track change.

EDIT: BTW, it seems the foo_dsp_continuator used the foo_dsp_nogaps code... http://stephan.kochen.nl/proj/foo_dsp_cont..._dsp_nogaps.cpp

foo_dsp_skip_silence

Reply #46
where's the link for skip silence? no one is working...