Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool (Read 389725 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool

Reply #650
Thanks for the reply.  I tried overriding the sample rate to the proper input sample rate of 22050 as you stated above, but it didn't work.  I don't think the problem is in the decoding side, because when I output OGG or AAC, it works correctly.  Here is the console output when I don't put in the decoding sample rate override:
-----------------------
Playing D:\bt\TL\2006\178-SuperPowers.rm.
REAL file format detected.
Stream description: audio/x-pn-multirate-realaudio logical stream
Stream mimetype: audio/x-pn-realaudio
Clip info:
name: #178 Superpowers
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
Use a real OS!
AUDIO: 22050 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 64.1 kbit/18.16% (ratio: 8010->44100)
Selected audio codec: [ffcook] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg COOK audio decoder)
==========================================================================
AO: [pipe] 22050Hz 1ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...

Audio source: MPlayer
Sample Rate: 22050Hz Channels: 1 BPS: 16 Duration: 0

Audio encoder: Lame MP3
Sample Rate: 22050Hz Channels: 1 BPS: 16

# ".\codecs\lame.exe" "-" "D:\bt\TL\2006\178-SuperPowers.mp3" --priority 1 -q 0 -r -x -s 22050 -k --vbr-new -V 9
--------------------
The source and encoder sample rates are correct, and the output MP3 is indeed 22050KHz, but yet, the output file is much smaller than it's supposed to be, and it plays at high speed and high pitch.  Could it be skipping input samples?

Reply #651
I've seen (heard) the chipmunk conversion problem as well, I think its a bug in MPlayer.

(Btw, Optimus, did you notice the graphics thing i posted about)

Reply #652
Thanks for the reply.  I tried overriding the sample rate to the proper input sample rate of 22050 as you stated above, but it didn't work.  I don't think the problem is in the decoding side, because when I output OGG or AAC, it works correctly.  Here is the console output when I don't put in the decoding sample rate override:

Click "Play" to play the file to see if the audio is correct. If so, then there is problem with MPlayer.
Try set it to 11025.

Reply #653
Click "Play" to play the file to see if the audio is correct. If so, then there is problem with MPlayer.
Try set it to 11025.

Setting the SRate to 11025 made it play at normal speed, but the sound was very hollow.  I finally figured out the problem ... I had the LAME channel setting on "Auto," and it didn't properly detect that my input was Mono ... when I set it to "Mono" it works correctly.  It was hanging up at 99% on the encodes, but I just downloaded the latest update, and it's working perfectly.

Thanks a million for the great tool!

Reply #654
Sorry for this stupid question, but everytime i load a preset nothing is changed, the target format window still displays xvid at 800 and lame at 112 kbps...

Can somebody point me...

Reply #656
Problem 1:  Music encoded into MP3 ABR/VBR (I didn't try other ways) has this distinct click at the end of the track. My settings are default, no resampling, no gain, no nothing, just pure WAV into MP3 ABR 128.

Sample File

Problem 2:  I just dropped APE and started transcoding to MP3 and then decided to stop the process in the middle. The progress freezes and MediaCoder can't stop, but does not continue. So, I need to restart.

Problem 3:  OGG transcoding does not work at all! Unable to transcode OGG to any other format!

Code: [Select]
MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open2
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

Reply #657
I'm using  Linux. Has anybody tested this in a Linux machine.

I'm using Suse 10.0
Go for Ogg

--------------------

It's Fast, Free, Open and has all stuffs that you need.

Reply #658
Ok, lets try the bug report with the pictures then:

As it should be:

But alas:

Reply #659
IceHunter,
What version are you running?  I'm running 0.3.7 build 1708 (SSE), and my Media Files Types look like your first pic ... they can be changed.

Reply #660
I don't know what may be happening, but I still have that quality decreasing problem, and it's very annoying! How do I fix it (either having the full song with the lower quality or, what would be better, having it entirely with the high one from the first second)? (Yes, I have the newest build: 0.3.7 build 1680)

And I'll say it again: do you want me to send a sample...? Or is it something that happens with others too... ...?

The second thing: the CT encodes in .aac, so I should choose MP4 in the container tab, right?

The last thing: I need to save some HD space, so I decided to convert my mp3 songs into mp4. Is it better to convert'em into wave before m4a or the resulting quality will be the same as if I go directly from mp3 to m4a...?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375651"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. You can try encode with Winamp and see if there is the same problem.
2. whether mux them in MP4 or not does not affect the quality at all
3. I suggest not doing so if you don't use this only as temporary storage (just listen for some weeks). Transcoding from one lossy format to another will surely brings loss in quality even if the target format has more advanced algorithm and even higher bit rate, the loss in quality will be permanent and you won't be able to find them back.

well... how do I encode using winamp? 

and what should I do if the same thing happens...?

Reply #661
IceHunter,
What version are you running?  I'm running 0.3.7 build 1708 (SSE), and my Media Files Types look like your first pic ... they can be changed.

Same, as i wrote in the previous post it is a bug in the program (in how it doesn't handle dpi changes in windows)

Reply #662

IceHunter,

Same, as i wrote in the previous post it is a bug in the program (in how it doesn't handle dpi changes in windows)

Well, maybe you should just try the latest build.  It fixes all the bugs that I was complaining about.

Reply #663
I've done a quick search, but haven't found anything on my problem.

I'm trying to convert a couple of .MP4 files (that Xbox Media Center won't play) into .AVI files.  I'm using Xvid + LAME, but regardless of what I set the sliders to, it encodes with a video bitrate of ~350kbps and an audio bitrate of 96kbps.  (Sliders are set for 1050 and 128, respectively.)  Video is Fixed Bitrate; audio is VBR level 6.  Everything else is at default.

The "Summury" tab (should be "Summary"?) show the options set as I want them, with an estimated file size of ~350 MB, but the resulting file is only 139 MB (and looks like it).

Running 0.3.7 build 1710, dated today.  (1708 did the same thing.)

What am I missing?

Reply #664

IceHunter,

Well, maybe you should just try the latest build.  It fixes all the bugs that I was complaining about.

I just told you I was. "What version are you using" "Same"
The author hasn't acknowledged it yet.

Reply #665
Optimus, I just downloaded newest update, build 1710, and I must say that I am furious!!!

Can you explain this message, please:  This is an Media Coder update and can only be installed where a previous Full Pack is installed. Setup will now exit

I can't download Full Pack every time, and I currently use 0.3.7 build 1699. HELP.

Reply #666
Well... another problem.

I just can't encode ANYTHING from a CD, I tried encoding to wav and m4a, but then nothing happens... ...!

Then I used Nero to encode'em from the CD to wav, but my media coder doesn't encode any wav to m4a...!!!

This isn't right, is it?

Reply #667
Optimus, I just downloaded newest update, build 1710, and I must say that I am furious!!!

Can you explain this message, please:  This is an Media Coder update and can only be installed where a previous Full Pack is installed. Setup will now exit

I can't download Full Pack every time, and I currently use 0.3.7 build 1699. HELP.

As it is said, you need to install Full Pack before apply an update. There are many mirror sites where you can get Full Pack, try google for MediaCoder.

Well... another problem.

I just can't encode ANYTHING from a CD, I tried encoding to wav and m4a, but then nothing happens... ...!

Then I used Nero to encode'em from the CD to wav, but my media coder doesn't encode any wav to m4a...!!!

This isn't right, is it?

CD ripping is broken on WinXP and I haven't fixed it yet. What audio encoder did you choose?

IceHunter,

I will try to fix the "Settings" dialog. But for the rest, I really don't have enough time to spare for them.

Reply #668
I've done a quick search, but haven't found anything on my problem.

I'm trying to convert a couple of .MP4 files (that Xbox Media Center won't play) into .AVI files.  I'm using Xvid + LAME, but regardless of what I set the sliders to, it encodes with a video bitrate of ~350kbps and an audio bitrate of 96kbps.  (Sliders are set for 1050 and 128, respectively.)  Video is Fixed Bitrate; audio is VBR level 6.  Everything else is at default.

The "Summury" tab (should be "Summary"?) show the options set as I want them, with an estimated file size of ~350 MB, but the resulting file is only 139 MB (and looks like it).

Running 0.3.7 build 1710, dated today.  (1708 did the same thing.)

What am I missing?

Choose 2-pass and you may get bit rate you specify.

I'm using  Linux. Has anybody tested this in a Linux machine.

I'm using Suse 10.0

I've tested it on Gentoo Linux + Wine with previous version, but not the current. Anyone who get the result please inform me.

well... how do I encode using winamp? 

and what should I do if the same thing happens...?

Whatever tool you use to transcode from one lossy format to another brings loss in quality.
But if your ear cannot identify the change, you can do it.

Reply #669
thanks again for this awesome tool...

respect

Reply #670

IceHunter,

I will try to fix the "Settings" dialog. But for the rest, I really don't have enough time to spare for them.

You don't have enough time to program it properly? Well excuse me for taking up your valuable time, you wont hear from me again - I'll try to find another readable  program that actually works under windows.

Reply #671
Optimus: As it is said, you need to install Full Pack before apply an update. There are many mirror sites where you can get Full Pack, try google for MediaCoder.

But I already installed Full Pack, 0.37 build 1680, and I updated that build to 1699, without problem. Why now I must to, AGAIN, download Full Pack?

Can't you release an update, just like before, one update was around 350 KB? I can't download very often Full Pack, because I have a "pain in the ass" slow dial-up conection. Help me, please.

Reply #672
Optimus: As it is said, you need to install Full Pack before apply an update. There are many mirror sites where you can get Full Pack, try google for MediaCoder.

But I already installed Full Pack, 0.37 build 1680, and I updated that build to 1699, without problem. Why now I must to, AGAIN, download Full Pack?

Can't you release an update, just like before, one update was around 350 KB? I can't download very often Full Pack, because I have a "pain in the ass" slow dial-up conection. Help me, please.

I don't know if others have experienced the same problem with update installer.
Can you check if the destination folder of the installer has mediacoder.exe file in it?
I will release update with only mediacoder.exe in future (but sometimes I patched MPlayer, the update of executable alone won't work).

You don't have enough time to program it properly? Well excuse me for taking up your valuable time, you wont hear from me again - I'll try to find another readable  program that actually works under windows.

As I've said before, I use my free time to develop this program and charge for nothing. I have to make a living in day time by working in a company. So, don't ask for too much. It already works on most people's system, maybe not yours, but it is never my duty and you must know this. You can choose anything you like.

Reply #673

As I've said before, I use my free time to develop this program and charge for nothing. I have to make a living in day time by working in a company. So, don't ask for too much. It already works on most people's system, maybe not yours, but it is never my duty and you must know this. You can choose anything you like.

Optimus,
Please don't let rude people discourage you in your efforts.  There are many of us who greatly appreciate all the time you've put into this program.  Thank you very much for a terrific tool.

Reply #674
Optimus: I don't know if others have experienced the same problem with update installer.
Can you check if the destination folder of the installer has mediacoder.exe file in it?

I check it, and everything is allright.  Destination folder have mediacoder.exe in it. So, can you re-release build 1710, and fix that bug?