Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 870554 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #825
Can you make this search lyrics for your whole library? I remember one plug-in could do this, but it crashed a lot.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #826
You can use with foo_preview to simulate what you want. Though not perfect it will work quite well.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #827
Well, i wasn’t talking about a  „best way“ but just about a way that works for everyone – even for you - in regard to the purpose: searching, saving and displaying lyrics. I did that not to praise my way but to mention what is obvious: the relation between a functionality stripped down to what is fundamental/necessary to fulfill the purpose and simple/stable working of a component. Do you have an argument against that?  Am I wrong?  Isn’t a tag a good place for lyrics because it is track-specific and you don’t have to care when moving your files around? What would you think if someone requests to store infos about the track not via properties dialog but in a sidecar-file?

And still: what is the benefit of text-files apart from keeping alive  the disposal of personal preferences? I am very aware that I won’t have any influence on the development of the component but I just want to express my opinion which is based on frustration: you need this, you need that, you need a special feature, you need associations – so pay the price for your freedom! Actually selfevident things aren’t realizable in the concept of the lyrics show component: prompt showing  of locally saved lyrics in all cases or without switching options; or  to be exactly sure which source is shown in the display window.  It seems that “simple and working” is still not popular.

i personally don't like anything (lyrics, cover art) to be a part of my mp3 file, sorry. the lyrics plugin has almost all the features now, there is only a need to tweak the things out to suit the major demands. i don't see that as a tragedy, really.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #828
Well, i wasn’t talking about a  „best way“ but just about a way that works for everyone – even for you - in regard to the purpose: searching, saving and displaying lyrics. I did that not to praise my way but to mention what is obvious: the relation between a functionality stripped down to what is fundamental/necessary to fulfill the purpose and simple/stable working of a component. Do you have an argument against that?  Am I wrong?  Isn’t a tag a good place for lyrics because it is track-specific and you don’t have to care when moving your files around? What would you think if someone requests to store infos about the track not via properties dialog but in a sidecar-file?

And still: what is the benefit of text-files apart from keeping alive  the disposal of personal preferences? I am very aware that I won’t have any influence on the development of the component but I just want to express my opinion which is based on frustration: you need this, you need that, you need a special feature, you need associations – so pay the price for your freedom! Actually selfevident things aren’t realizable in the concept of the lyrics show component: prompt showing  of locally saved lyrics in all cases or without switching options; or  to be exactly sure which source is shown in the display window.  It seems that “simple and working” is still not popular.
Pretty much that
i personally don't like anything (lyrics, cover art) to be a part of my mp3 file, sorry. the lyrics plugin has almost all the features now, there is only a need to tweak the things out to suit the major demands. i don't see that as a tragedy, really.

I wouldn't care if some other plugin gave me the OPTION to have all the info in a sidecar-file as you name it. I could choose to use that feature or not, and that's what I was talking about. Give as many options as possible, specially when they require only minor tweaks since are already existing functions. I'm not asking the developer to rewrite a whole new never-seen-before function, just tweak the existing one in a way it gives additional options to users.

As for the example you asked, I don't use an ID3v2 "Lyrics" nor the LYRICS3 tags due to the simple fact that they often break my phone's player. You could argue "switch your player then", but unfortunately it is the only player for Windows Mobile Pro that supports audioscrobbling (Last.fm).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #829
The vern: Version 0.3.5.1 seems stable in the sense that previous crashes have not occurred, but I've observed two types of a new behavior in the panel display several times in the last day with 0.3.5.1 that I've never seen before.  About five times now (out of about 100 songs played) the panel display has frozen in displaying the fallback text.

Type 1: Songs continue to play without any problems, but the panel display does not change - all text is frozen on a previous song.  The fallback text, when frozen, indicates that no lyrics were found for the song on which it froze (per %search_progress%), despite the presence of embedded lyrics (both synced and unsynced) in the song and "tag search" listed in the search order.  I can get back to displaying the proper fallback text of the playing song if I manually advance to the next track, but no lyrics are found despite embedded lyrics and just fallback test is displayed.  Restarting foobar2000 is required to get lyrics display back.  Sometimes I can exit out of foobar20000 and restart gracefully, other times I can't and need to kill the process. Before killing the process I've tried to look at the console for any messages, but in whatever state foobar2000 is in the console won't display.

Type 2: Panel display continues to change with each song to correctly update fallback text for song attributes like artist and title, but only fallback text is displayed despite same conditions as described in type 1.  Same restart attributes as in type 1.

I've yet to be able to reproduce this at will, but I will continue to observe to see if I can.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #830
Yes, I'm aware of this, I think it occurs when the lyric panel is removed completely from the layout and then re-added (so will also probably happen on importing a new layout).

I will fix this soon.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #831
Version 0.3.5.2 uploaded.

Fixes above issue.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #832
I was able to reproduce the problem at will with 0.3.5.1 with a layout change, and problem appears solved with 0.3.5.2.  Thanks very much!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #833
Is there a way to stop the plugin from automatically looking up lyrics online whenever a track is played? I have tons of music without any vocals at all and I don't want the useless internet accesses.

The only way I could find was to remove all online sources from "Lyrics searching". But then the manual update (View->Lyrics Show 3->Lyric search), which I always used in foo_uie_lyrics2, is useless, too.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #834
Could you just read a little further back, like one page?

Would it be difficult to add simple ON/OFF hotkey (command) for online lyrics download? During everyday work, with foobar running in background I don't want FB to constantly download myriads of lyrics.
like other guys here suggested - i guess it would be really nice to have an option not to download lyrics when you don't want them (without the need to disable the plugin completely). for example when a tab/window (where lyrics show 3 loads lyrics) is not focused the lyrics won't be loaded. or a toolbar button or an item in main menu.

And, most importantly:
To those who asked about disabling the online search - I am considering it. An interim solution would just be to disable the internet sources in lyrics3 preferences.

There’s probably more of the same before that.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #835
0.3.5.1 and 0.3.5.2 no longer write LRC files to my specified directory when I right click and choose "Save".  (I have automatic downloads disabled).

edit:  actually past versions aren't working either, going to restart Windows and see what's up.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #836
this plugin seems to be cursed, constant crashing/hanging, never had that before.
i appreciate the concept though.
but, really.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #837
Would you care to give a little more info?
There are no crash reports for this version on the online database, so can you please send them to me directly?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #838
Would you care to give a little more info?
There are no crash reports for this version on the online database, so can you please send them to me directly (email: addssy.sale@gmail.com)?

i'd love to but i'm afraid i can't get a report — foobar just stops responding with "dimmed" app window and OS suggests to close it.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #839
The issue I described above seems to be fixed but the plugin's behaviour is still strange for me. First time I played "Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath" it displayed "Black Sabbath - Behind The Wall Of Sleep.lrc" (alphabetically first - so the issue seemed to be present). Then I deleted this file and played "Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath" again. This time the plugin searched for lyrics and downloaded and displayed right one. Is this the correct behaviour? Why does it differ for the first time and for the second time?
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #840
@revenant:
Ahhh ok, I'll PM you later to get more details.

@GCRaistlin:
That is just because of remnant incorrect associations (which get overwritten when you display a different lyric).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #841
That is just because of remnent incorrect associations (which get overwritten when you display a different lyric).

Oh I see, I just wonder where these incorrect associations were stored. Some kind of cache?
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #842
The associations are stored in the index-data folder of your foobar profile folder - in the file beginning with "188A64AA....".
You can remove associations in the associations search properties dialogue (double click the association search in preferences).

HTH

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #843
@GCRaistlin

I have the same problem and I've reloaded the association after installing version 0.3.5.1
the error of displaying wrong lyrics isn't solved. (told it to The Vern)

I think searching online the lyric after deleting your Black Sabbath-lyric (behind the wall of sleep)
was only correct, because you had no other lyrics of the Black Sabbath-album stored in your lyrics-folder - that's right ?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #844
So "save to user defined directory" appears to be broken for some reason.  It works if I choose "Save to directory same as file" or "Save to the configuration folder" (which actually means to foobar2000\lyrics).

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #845
I think searching online the lyric after deleting your Black Sabbath-lyric (behind the wall of sleep)
was only correct, because you had no other lyrics of the Black Sabbath-album stored in your lyrics-folder - that's right ?

No, there's a lot of other BS lyrics in the lyrics-folder, both in txt and lrc format - as I wrote above, "Black Sabbath - Behind The Wall Of Sleep.lrc" was just alphabetically first. Try 0.3.5.2?
Magically yours
Raistlin

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #846
@the vern

I've installed version 0.3.5.2 - 2 bugs found:

1) lyric editor - click "ok" no lyric is stored in lyrics-folder (some other users noticed that too)
2) batch assocoation links wrong lyric

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #847
once more, because I've closed my session somehow

@the vern

I've installed version 0.3.5.2
rerun batch association (first deleted all entries)

- 2 bugs found:

1) lyric editor - click "ok" no lyric is stored in lyric-folder (some other users noticed that too)
2) batch association links wrong lyric:
    %artist% = Procol Harum
    %album% = In Concert With The Danish National Concert Orchestra & Choir
    %title% = A Whiter Shade Of Pale
    for this track there isn't a lyric in the lyric-folder

will be linked to

%artist% = Procol Harum
    %album% = A Whiter Shade Of Pale
    %title% = A Salty Dog
    for this track there is a lyric in the lyric-folder

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #848
Isn’t a tag a good place for lyrics because it is track-specific and you don’t have to care when moving your files around?
from the top of my head, not good for people who like to share music files via torrents (saving lyrics to tag means a tag change, means file change, means hash change, means torrent corruption, dead)

anyways...
@The Vern
since you are planning to clean up the local file search, the search order and the Online searching stuff, i'd like to point out an insignificant matter.

You expect the component to go as per the user's specific search order which determines when the component tries to perform an online search for the lyrics.
Well... it's regarding this.

Firstly... these are my setting:
> Search Order has "Local File search" as the first option and then the online databases
> Search for this type of lyrics is Prefer Synced
This would basically mean that the Search Order must first look into the local directory for the lyrics and then go onto performing an online search.

A. Working Scenario:
> if the song has a synced lyric, foo_uie_lyrics3 will display it immediately

B. Not Working Scenario:
Basically: When the saved lyrics are non-synced, it will still perform an online search.
> if the song has no synced lyrics but rather the non-synced lyric in the local directory then foo_uie_lyrics3 will take a long time to display it.
Obviously it's performing an online search to find synced lyrics since the setting prefers synced lyrics.
But the point is this component should display the lyric whether these are synced or non-synced, as found in the local directory and not be bound by the lyric type preference.
In my case, i use only this component to get lyrics and so the first time when i play the track, it performs an online search but since it cannot get a synced lyric, it settles on an unsynced lyric and saves it to the local directory.
Next time when i play the same track, it will find the unsynced lyric in the local directory but will still perform an online search to get synced lyrics. It won't find any synced lyric (again) and eventually display the unsynced lyrics from the local directory.

PS: i hope i made sense. i hardly do

--
woah! noted before but yeah, the lyrics dont save to the user defined directory anymore!
I'm sure you'll get it fixed

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #849
- In the lyric editor, pressing enter synchronises the lyrics (the edit box mustn't have focus).

Doesn't work for me.
Only the sync button seems to work.
(I use the latest version)