Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cue sheets with File.wav: can fb2k be made to auto find File.flac etc? (Read 2550 times) previous topic - next topic

Cue sheets with File.wav: can fb2k be made to auto find File.flac etc?

Hi guys,
i've been using foobar for years and there's always been a little problem that bothers me.
Let's say I have a FLAC image (i.e. album.flac) and a cue file to handle it (album.cue).
The beginning of the cue file is:

REM GENRE "Rock / Pop Rock / Soft Rock / Blues Rock"
REM DATE 1986
REM DISCID 343434
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.0b1"
PERFORMER "Afdgfdgf"
TITLE "Wereregfrgf"
FILE "album.wav" WAVE

If I click on the cue file, foobar says "Unable to open item for playback (Object not found):" and I have to open the cue file with notepad and change ' FILE "album.wav" ' to ' FILE "album.flac" '.

foobar could try and find a file named album.* and try to open it, don't you think?

I hope Peter can do something for this!

Thank you!

Reply #2
I don’t think that does this; AFAIK, it only enables automatic filtering of (1) isolated images that have already been imported via a cue-sheet or (2) cue-sheets that reference a nonexistent image—in other words, not of cue-sheets that reference an image that has since been renamed/encoded.

Reply #3
The same question was asked on Nov 25 2011 at this thread

Reply #4
Thanks for that! I’d forgotten it. I see foo_cuefilter was suggested as a possibility there, too.

Reply #5
In november 2011, nickgray wrote:
"Trouble with cues is that lots of them have an incorrect FILE line, often the file extension is going to be written as .wav in cue, when in fact the file itself is .flac. Unfortunately, foobar doesn't bother trying to search for different extensions of the same filename or even just load the largest audio file in the folder. You have to correct this thing manually and it gets old real quick.

Years ago when I used Winamp there was this cue plug-in that actually read cues with incorrect FILE line, so it's very much doable and probably real easy to program. As I've said, when the cue plug-in fails to locate the file it should search the folder for the same filename, but with a different extension (flac, ape, wv, etc.) and load it, if that fails, it should load the largest audio file available in the folder. "

I totally agree with his thinking and hope Peter can fix this problem!

Reply #6
The problem itself is why do you produce incorrect cue sheets? It's easy to configure the ripping program to refer to the actual file. Or why not use fb2k to rip? It has an accurate rip support.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe