Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: burn live mp3 (Read 4379 times) previous topic - next topic

burn live mp3

hi
i have some live mp3
and i tried to burn onto a audio cd
but there are some silence block so is impossible to set gaps =0

wavelab4 does a great job!
but cool edit no

i tried to delete silence with cool edit but it keeps some silence blocks why?

burn live mp3

Reply #1
Because that "silence" is inherent to MP3 decoding, that's why.

If your MP3 were made with LAME version 3.90 or newer (except some 3.94 versions) try decoding them with foobar2000 which should give you no such "silences".

If they were made with other version, try foobar2000's "Fix MP3 Header" feature.
Go to foobar2000 forum and search for more info there.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

burn live mp3

Reply #2
CoolEdit should do it, if you save as WAV format.

Foobar2k is better for removing those silence blocks automatically.

Feurio is better for doing it manually if your burner is supported. Of course, any wave editor will also do it (if you save to wav), but it's quite slower.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=17396

burn live mp3

Reply #3
yes please i can i delete silence with cool edit?

burn live mp3

Reply #4
yes please i can i delete silence with cool edit?

You can manually delete the silence with any audio editor. But you can't save the resulting file as an mp3, because then the silence/gap will come back!

There is one way to make playback of mp3 files gapless: Use lame to encode them and listen to your files through foobar2000 or with mpg123 (plugin for winamp).
But there is no portable player that support this (as far as i know).

burn live mp3

Reply #5
yes i know
but in cool edit is there a command delete silence
but it does not delete every silence blocks....

can i post a piece of this wavs?

burn live mp3

Reply #6
command to delete in cooledit?  the delete key

you can zoom in to the sample level to make this precise, and i think there's a trim silence option somewhere.  you'll have to look for it

one problem with burning to CD is that all your edits have to coincide with CD frame boundaries (75fps) or you'll get gaps again (all but inaudible).

burn live mp3

Reply #7
ok ok
it works
i deleted with cool edit pro

but i would love it will delete the fist 5 second of silence and the last 5 sec.
but in batch mode

burn live mp3

Reply #8
If you want to delete leading and trailing silence from MP3:s you can try MP3trim. Note that there is a difference between analogue and digitial silence, I think what you want is to remove is analogue silence and this has to be configured in MP3trim. And also, the batch features requires registration and hence costs money.

What the other guys have been trying to tell you is that the MP3 format in itself adds silence, but this is just a fraction of a second, and I guess this is not the problem you are trying to solve, right?

The most probable reason why the delete silence command in Cool edit doesn't work is because it only removes digital silence. Digital silence means that each sample is equal to zero. Analogue silence means that all samples are not zero, but close enough so that your ears can't hear it.

If you need to do it in batch mode and can afford MP3trim I think that is your best choice.

An alternative is to decode all MP3:s to wav and use wavTrim instead. I think the batch features in wavtrim are free...

burn live mp3

Reply #9
yeah it works
thanks!