Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Vorbis for Mac . . . problems (Read 3456 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Vorbis for Mac . . . problems

I'm having a problem finding an Ogg Vorbis encoder to use on my Mac.

Tried XLD, but any 'loud' albums, like Missy Elliot or something, don't record well . . . lots of skips and static.

Tried OggDrop, but a lot of times it imports the wrong title for songs and albums.

Tried Audacity, but long, and I do mean long time, to open a CD and even longer to encode it to Ogg.

So any suggestions out there.  Liked XLD the best, nicest interface, but terrible sounding recording, so perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Anyway, any advice is appreciated.

Reply #1
I'm having a problem finding an Ogg Vorbis encoder to use on my Mac.

Tried XLD, but any 'loud' albums, like Missy Elliot or something, don't record well . . . lots of skips and static.

Tried OggDrop, but a lot of times it imports the wrong title for songs and albums.

Tried Audacity, but long, and I do mean long time, to open a CD and even longer to encode it to Ogg.

So any suggestions out there.  Liked XLD the best, nicest interface, but terrible sounding recording, so perhaps I was doing something wrong.

Anyway, any advice is appreciated.

You're obviously doing something wrong; what were your cd ripping settings? what settings did you choose for Ogg?

I tried Ogg around 2 minutes ago using the latest version of XLD, 20090320 (105.1), and it works perfectly. What version are you using?

Reply #2
Thank you for writing.

My CD ripping settings are:
Rip as accurate as possible (CDParanoia Mode)
Max retry count: 100
REad sample offset correction value: 122
Set automatically if possible
Query AccurateRip database to check integrity
Verify suspicious sectors (may slow down ripping)
Eject disc when done

Ogg settings:
VBR Quality 6.00 base on Vobis aoTuV Release 1

XLD version:
Same as you.

Now since I wrote that posting, I've reinstalled XLD to see if that fixes it.

If you see something wrong with my settings please let me know.

Thanks.