Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Library files could not be written"-error since upgrade to  (Read 3483 times) previous topic - next topic

"Library files could not be written"-error since upgrade to

Hey,

since i upgraded foobar from 1.2.8 to 1.3 beta5 i get the following error message when i exit the program.

"Library files could not be written (Object already exists). If you choose 'cancel', your recent library changes will be lost."

Does anybody experience the same or is there any way to fix this? The error occurst as well when I start foobar with administrator rights..

Thanks!

Reply #1
Hmm, is there any chance that your foobar2000 is a portable installation, and that it is located inside one of the paths configured for the Media Library to watch? Just taking a shot in the dark here.

Reply #2
Nope, it's a standard installation but thanks for your answer. I went back to 1.2.9 now and the error is gone...

Reply #3
The error message appears if a path is added to the Media Library as Music folder at least twice.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #4
The error message appears if a path is added to the Media Library as Music folder at least twice.

That is the case indeed! Thank you! Weird that there is no error in 1.2.9 though...
Cheers!

Reply #5
is there any chance that your foobar2000 is a portable installation, and that it is located inside one of the paths configured for the Media Library to watch?

That fixed it for myself. Thanks kode54. I moved my MP3 folder out of the program folder foobar2000 calls "library" and placed it just inside the main program folder which I guess would be the root directory of "foobar2000". Neither the changing of computer drive letters when I move physical location nor the library file writing error is a problem now.

Re: "Library files could not be written"-error since upgrade to

Reply #6
Do it is possible to set a timeout to alert to exit after a time without human interaction?