Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Boom (Read 19922 times) previous topic - next topic

Boom

Reply #26
Total Commander has a search mode which filters the directory/folder list (begins with/contains/ends with) directly as you type, this would be a nice-to-have! In TC it makes life much easier, often there's no need to use the search function. Great player, BTW

Boom

Reply #27
I find Boom useful to enable playback of exotic & modern audio formats, namely Musepack SV8 and Opus, onto Windows XP. It is also handy when I want to quickly play back a single file without any chance of it being added to my Media Library or Scrobbled.

It would be useful if, when launched from the command line with a file name as an argument, the player would stop after playing the current file.

The UI is kinda ugly. I suppose that is a matter of taste. I just don't get the flat Metro look with extremly simple geometric shapes and no 3D shading. Not even the Play buttons push in when pressed. The theme reminds me of an LCD screen of a portable player. Maybe that was the intention.

What is the reason for the player missing an AAC decoder? That is ususual, and only seen with WMA in the past.

Boom

Reply #28
What is the reason for the player missing an AAC decoder? That is ususual, and only seen with WMA in the past.
Do you mean raw, un-contained AAC?
Supports variety of popular audio formats, including: MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Musepack (MPC), WavPack, WAV, AIFF, MP4/M4A, WMA.
Based on that, I would assume that your problems would go away if you wrapped the AAC in an MP4 container. Otherwise, something else must be amiss, and you will have to provide actual info on the files that don’t work for the issue to be diagnosed.

Boom

Reply #29
AAC decoding requires Microsoft codecs included with Windows 7
Alessandro

Boom

Reply #30
Hey, thanks – I must need coffee, can’t read far enough down the page

just above that:
Windows XP or newer supported with limited features.
That explains it. I’m curious about the reasoning but guess that for this program, it was decided simpler to use an OS-provided codec, rather than to bundle a library (FFmpeg, last I checked)?

Boom

Reply #31
I’m curious about the reasoning but guess that for this program, it was decided simpler to use an OS-provided codec, rather than to bundle a library (FFmpeg, last I checked)?

It's not possible to link FFmpeg to Boom statically, and probably Peter wants this player to be a single .exe file.

Boom

Reply #32
I wish, I wish, I wish this was available for Windows RT! This would be perfect on my Surface!
--
Eric

Re: Boom

Reply #33
Thanks for Boom update, appreciated!