Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUI: [feature request] Foobar only in tray (Read 4312 times) previous topic - next topic

CUI: [feature request] Foobar only in tray

Hi,
right now there is an option to minimize foobar2000 to the tray, but when the application is restore there is still a taskbar item. It might be helpful, but with the double-display setup when on has the application constantly visible on the second screen there is hardly a need for the taskbar item (especially when one has a lot of application running and taskbar is getting quite crowded)

Reply #1
Searching revealed several past threads on the same question. It seems that this isn’t possible (refs.: [1], [2]).

Reply #2
In your unique situation, you may want to consider using a UI, such as columns, that can be customized to fit your unique needs.

As far as the Default UI, this won't be implemented because having an open window appear in the taskbar IS a usability and accessibility requirement.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #3
Well, I'm using ColumnsUI but haven't found option there either. fortunatelly i've stambled upon <removed> which does the trick.

as for the requirement -- is it mandated by MS/Windows? also - how do *option* to do so violates this? It's meant for the (hate the phrase) 'power user' who should know the consequences of it..

Reply #4
Well, I'm using ColumnsUI...

Great, then you should be asking musicmusic. Thread Moved
elevatorladylevitateme