Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does anyone have a sample *.aa to analyze? (Read 4668 times) previous topic - next topic

Does anyone have a sample *.aa to analyze?

Does anyone have a sample *.aa (Audible.com) file that could be used for analysis? In order to upload a complete example in the forums it would need to be non-commercial and licensed for fair use; otherwise, if someone could post even a the first few Kb of a sample file it would be appreciated.

The goal, if possible, is to allow iTunes/iPod to play Helix Producer-authored ACELP.net audio.

- M.

Does anyone have a sample *.aa to analyze?

Reply #1
Clarification: I am not trying to break Audible.com's encryption/licensing scheme. So no, I can't help anyone remove the protection from their *.aa files, nor do I intend to try. (No one here has asked this, but I was discussing it with someone else today and he completely misunderstood what I wanted to do. Lest anyone else misunderstand, it seemed best to explain with a little more detail.)

What is hoped for is a method of transmuxing ACELP.net-based *.rm files to *.aa, from personal recordings, so that they may be played on an iPod. Unfortunately, I've not managed to find any documentation on the structure of the *.aa format; it is known to use Sipro's ACELP.net codec, but the container/header/tagging structure is unknown.

- M.

Edit: karl_lillevold, if this is already planned for the next update of dtdrive you have my sincere thanks, in advance! I posted this request on the chance that it was not, but I'd be happy to be wrong.