Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to make custom drop down boxes (in my case, for RG)? (Read 2032 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to make custom drop down boxes (in my case, for RG)?

Hi all

Following on from a post I made a little while back:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=105003

I think what would be ideal for me would be a drop down box for the three different ReplayGain options.  The same as the drop down box I have for playback order... 

Is such a thing possible and if so how do I go about it?

Cheers

Max

Reply #1
i'm pretty sure it's not possible to determine the current setting.

Reply #2

Damn and blast....  So much for Foobars ultra customisability (I love making up words!)....

Thanks for letting me know though.

Reply #3
There is an API in the foobar2000 SDK for querying and modifying the ReplayGain settings. As far as I know there is no way to get notified about changes.

Reply #4
There is an API in the foobar2000 SDK for querying and modifying the ReplayGain settings. As far as I know there is no way to get notified about changes.

Hi foosion

I won't pretend to understand any of what you said...  Waaaaay over my head!  And as for the link!!!.... 

But I am to deduce from what you are saying that it is not possible to have a drop down menu for selecting ReplayGain type during playback?  And it is not possible to have buttons that appeared "pressed" when selected? 

Many thanks for the input

Reply #5
If it were done, it would need to run a (hopefully infrequent) timer to poll for changes, as there's no callback to notify instantly if the settings have changed.

Reply #6
Thanks kode54.  But in all honesty I don't understand what that means either.... 

Can I pose another question?  It is possible to Preferences > Playback and find a drop down box ReplayGain "Source Mode".  If a drop box is available there, why would it not be possible to have the exact same thing but on the toolbar (or anywhere more accessible) instead?

Sorry if that has already been answered in the previous responses (and I've been unable to decipher it)....

Cheers

Reply #7
foosion and kode54 are saying it's probably possible to do but you need to be a competent c++ developer to do it. that rules you, me and most other forum members out. the chances of someone doing it for you are probably between slim and none.

Reply #8
That's a shame.  Well, just so that I know, if I did find someone with the necessary knowledge and skills would foobar allow them to do what would need doing?  Or is it not "open" enough for that kind of programming?

Coming at things from another angle.... 

Someone on another forum said that there is an extension that lets you "create ReplayGain presets for different playback modes.  For example, you can set it to Track Gain when using shuffle/random, but switch to Album Gain when using default order."

Has he got that right?  If so, whilst not being the perfect solution it would be lot better than "working in the dark".  So if anyone knows how I can set that up that would be most helpful.

Cheers

Reply #10
foosion and kode54 are saying it's probably possible to do but you need to be a competent c++ developer to do it.
Yes, this is essentially what I meant to say. Also, there might be component with this functionality which I don't know about.

Well, just so that I know, if I did find someone with the necessary knowledge and skills would foobar allow them to do what would need doing?  Or is it not "open" enough for that kind of programming?
The foobar2000 SDK (software development kit) allows the creation of components - or plugins - which can extend the functionality of the main program in various way. The SDK includes some examples and additional help and tutorials are available in the "Development" subforum.

Reply #11
Thanks guys....

Ivqcl - cheers, I'll take a look at that.

In case any computer whizz is reading this and thinks they would know how to use the SDK to produce what I want, please get in touch to discuss.  I would be happy to pay someone to programme what I want....  which is either a drop box or a highlighted button which allows me to see the current status of replaygain from the main interface - i.e. Disabled, Track, or Album).

Cheers