Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need a little listening help (Read 4015 times) previous topic - next topic

Need a little listening help

Hi, I need a little help from you guys (especially for headphone user) , download the sample and listen..

Sample

There is a "rattle sound" from the right channel, Am I right?

The reason I asked this because, this "rattle sound" sound very familiar to the sound when my grado start to "Grattle" (which happen often.. It's so annoying, I have to "blow" it to cure the problem) at first I heard it I like "No.. not again.." but after keep listen to it for a while, I thought that it might be the music itself.

Thanks for your help

Reply #1
I can't listen because I'm at work right now.  Sorry to reply without listening....  I know when you saw that there was a reply, you were thinking someone had listened....   

Try reversing the left and right channels with your audio editor.  If the defect switches to the other channel, the problem is in the audio file and your headphones are OK.

Reply #2
it seems to be in the music (no, actually i'am 99% sure this is music), but listening with grado sr60 i may not be the best listener
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #3
I thought so too.

C.

What's the music?
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #4
Yeah, I just listened to it on several systems using different media players with different headphones and speakers and it is verifiable part of the music file.

EDIT:  Now the thing to determine, if it annoys you, is if that "rattling" is supposed to be part of the music.  If you have the CD or original source from where the FLAC was made, see if it's present there as well.

Reply #5
Ah.. OK, thanks for the help guys.  I knew that there' a high % that it's the music itself, but because I just play this song right after I just "blow" my grado to cure the "Grattle" sound so I'm kinda paranoid.

@ DVDdoug

You forgot that this "sound" just might be "in my head".. I experienced similar thing once with embarrassing result  so I ask just to make sure.

@ carpman

14. BLOOD+ Grand Theme from BLOOD+ OST1 by Mark Mancina.

@ WonderSlug

If it's part of the music then that's fine, it's grado "Grattle" symptom (which emit similar sound to this sample when play some bass-hum music) that annoying me.

Reply #6
...but after keep listen to it for a while, I thought that it might be the music itself.
It's the sound of a double base section. You might enjoy going to a concert to find out how the orchestral instruments sound in real (without amplification).
It's amazing how much "distortion" they can produce. Not to mention what happens when you put famous conductor Simon Rattle in front