Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WWW tag field behaves strangely with multi-value (Read 1091 times) previous topic - next topic

WWW tag field behaves strangely with multi-value

I use a standard tag field 'WWW' and have added it to the list of multivalue fields under Advanced preferences. However, when I put in more than one value and close Properties they all end up having the same value (the first on the list). They are recognized as multiple values, but the values I just put in were overwritten.

So for example, if I put in
Code: [Select]
foo; bar
it comes out
Code: [Select]
foo; foo

This only happens with the specific field 'WWW'. Using a field 'WEB' instead doesn't give the same behavior. What gives?

Reply #1
I don't know if foobar holds tightly to specs and only allows one frame with the same description in regard to custom WXXX tags or not. Either way, the fact that foobar is rewriting the values of multiple custom WXXX frames bearing the same description with the value of the first frame is unlikely to be the intended behavior.

Reply #2
I agree. According to the tag mapping specs all fields beginning with 'WWW' - e.g. 'WWWTEST' - are mapped to WXXX. This corresponds with foobar having the same behavior with a field named 'WWWTEST' as with the simple 'WWW'.

I guess I could make use of several fields (as the specs also point towards) but frankly I don't want to have to decide what kind of URL go where. Multivalue would definitely be most practical for me.