Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lyricsgrabber2 Feedback & Discussion (Read 164081 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyricsgrabber2 Feedback & Discussion

Reply #100
I tried to search lyrics for The Faceless' two albums, Akeldama & Planetary Duality and only few was found and from Planetray Duality the one it found was a wrong one - and Darklyrics has them all and I searched from Darklyrics. I update to new version and see if this bug is still in there...

Reply #101
New Version is out.

fixed that crashing thing with the album tag. And introduced LyricWiki again  Also I hopefully fixed that problem with lyrdb

Great! Thanks a lot for this great component.

A little problem: LyricWiki (at least this one) is case-sensitive and expects capitalized first letters for song titles. Is it possible to capitalize song titles before sending a request?

Reply #102
Version 0.4.0.1 is out. Hopefully fixing stuff for good

Reply #103
If i catch lyrics with LyricWiki i get two types of results if search was successful:

Either a text without multiple lines or an entry "<!-- PUT LYRICS HERE (and delete this entire line) -->". The latter phenomen can't mean that searching failed because i have also searches which are markes as "failed".  Furthermore it is slow but i guess this is due to only possible search method?

Edit:

Whatever you did with LyrDB, it works really fast and great now.

Reply #104
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see LyricWiki on the context menu.  It's listed in the preferences page, but I can't search it without doing a "search all".

Also, I can confirm the issue q-stankovic mentioned.

Reply #105
The issue with LyricWiki is, that I must open the "Edit Page" fo the wiki, because otherwise there is no lyrics I can fetch... I will see to that issue, or otherwise I will remove LyricWiki again...

About LyrDB... Well I changed the search from "Match", which requires something linke this "Artist|Title", but artist and title may not have special characters like ', & etc. to "fullt" (probably full-text), which has no such predefined structure.  (And I updated a helper function... it was malfunctioning, that was probably the main cause for weird results).

@Hitchhiker:

Very strange... even if you restart Foobar? I've never seen that problem... :S

Reply #106
I did a search via google to look for other lyrics sites. there are so many but there is one that i like to mention: www.songtext.net

It seems to be the largest. It claims to have almost 3 millions lyrics (!). I searched for some artists that are less famous than - let's say: Bad Brains. I found many of them. I hope you will consider to implement this if and when you find some time.

Reply #107
I did a search via google to look for other lyrics sites. there are so many but there is one that i like to mention: www.songtext.net

It seems to be the largest. It claims to have almost 3 millions lyrics (!). I searched for some artists that are less famous than - let's say: Bad Brains. I found many of them. I hope you will consider to implement this if and when you find some time.

I find Lyrics, or at least that they are there, but I can't find the lyrics themselves...  Best would be, if Leo's Lyrics would respond... Hitchhiker... have you any nes? Maybe you can ask the one that maintains the servers if he can ask if it would be possible to use their API?

Reply #109
Qudeid the lyrics from LyricWiki are saved as html entities on the normal lyrics page:
& #89;& #111;& #117; ...
Just decode them.

Reply #110
Qudeid the lyrics from LyricWiki are saved as html entities on the normal lyrics page:
& #89;& #111;& #117; ...
Just decode them.

That gives a little overhead, but that way, it would be possible... true. I'll look into it.

Edit:

In the next Release this is realized

Reply #111
I am obviously doing something wrong since it won't find any lyrics from Darklyrics.

Reply #112
I am obviously doing something wrong since it won't find any lyrics from Darklyrics.

Since I have no problem retrieving lyrics from Darklyrics, try checking the tags. If they don't match properly that might be the reason. (Artist and album must be correct)

Edit: I'll try another approach for Darklyrics and test it, maybe this works better. If so, it'll be changed in the next release.

Reply #113
I've just compiled a new version. Hope that solves once and for all the problems with Darklyrics! (And possibly LyricWiki)

Btw.: I've noticed that sometimes, using LyrDB, the Result Window doesn't display all of the lyrics, making it look like there is only a few lines of them. But upon saving they are complete. I don't know what causes this, but rest assured, if it says success it is successful  (Hopefully with the correct lyrics to the song )

Reply #114
I've just compiled a new version. Hope that solves once and for all the problems with Darklyrics! (And possibly LyricWiki)

Btw.: I've noticed that sometimes, using LyrDB, the Result Window doesn't display all of the lyrics, making it look like there is only a few lines of them. But upon saving they are complete. I don't know what causes this, but rest assured, if it says success it is successful  (Hopefully with the correct lyrics to the song )

I just saw that i have different version numbers of python(0.4.0.2 beta) and lyricsgrabber (0.4.1.0 beta), Shouldn't they have the same?

Reply #115

I just saw that i have different version numbers of python(0.4.0.2 beta) and lyricsgrabber (0.4.1.0 beta), Shouldn't they have the same?

Yes, and they are now, Visual Studio didn't build the new dll, but I thought it did. Anyway, if you re-download it, it should be the same.

Reply #116
Best would be, if Leo's Lyrics would respond... Hitchhiker... have you any nes? Maybe you can ask the one that maintains the servers if he can ask if it would be possible to use their API?
I sent a message to the guy who maintains the server a week ago, but haven't received a response.  I'll try posting on the main forum and see if someone can help.

However, it might not be necessary for him to reply.  See, this script works on my computer:
Code: [Select]
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
import encodings.utf_8
import urllib
from xml.dom import minidom
from grabber import LyricProviderBase

class LeosLyrics(LyricProviderBase):
    def GetName(self):
        return "Leo's Lyrics"

def GetVersion(self):
        return "0.3"

def GetURL(self):
        return "http://www.leoslyrics.com"

def Query(self, handles, status, abort):
        result = []

for handle in handles:
            status.Advance()

if abort.Aborting():
                return result

artist = handle.Format("[%artist%]")
            title = handle.Format("[%title%]")

try:
                string = urllib.urlopen("http://api.leoslyrics.com/api_search.php?auth=LeosLyrics5&artist=%s&songtitle=%s" % (urllib.quote(artist), urllib.quote(title))).read()
                doc = minidom.parseString(string)
                child = doc.getElementsByTagName("searchResults")[0]
                hid = None

for e in child.getElementsByTagName("result"):
                    if e.getAttribute("exactMatch") == "true":
                        hid = e.getAttribute("hid").encode('utf_8')
                        break

if hid == None:
                    result.append('')
                    continue

string = urllib.urlopen("http://api.leoslyrics.com/api_lyrics.php?auth=LeosLyrics5&hid=%s" % hid).read()
                doc = minidom.parseString(string)
                child = doc.getElementsByTagName("lyric")[0]
                text = child.getElementsByTagName("text")[0]
                lyric = text.childNodes[0].data.encode('utf_8')
                result.append(lyric)
            except Exception, e:
                traceback.print_exc(file=sys.stdout)
                result.append('')
                continue

return result

if __name__ == "__main__":
    LyricProviderInstance = LeosLyrics()
In fact, it often returns successful results that the built-in providers miss.  This is a very valuable database.  However, the catch to getting this script to work is that the following line must be added to the user's hosts file:

77.79.210.222 api.leoslyrics.com

Essentially, this redirects traffic sent to the api.leoslyrics.com host name to the 77.79.210.222 IP address without querying the DNS server.  Now, it's unreasonable to require every user who uses this component to modify their personal hosts files, however, if there is a way to bypass the DNS server when fetching the lyrics that can be programmed directly into the component, this would be a worthwhile fix.  Unfortunately, I'm not nearly experienced enough in programming to know how to do this.

So, it's something to think about, and it's your choice as to what you want to implement.  However, if this server were added to the built-in providers, speaking from experience, my success rate when using "Search All" would double.

-----

Oh, and on a side note, I'm an idiot.  LyricWiki didn't appear on my context menu because I hid it in the preferences.  I did this back when it broke a long time ago, and the preference carried over to your version.  So, no problem here.

Reply #117
Very interesting, indeed.

but as far as I know, shouldn't api.leoslyrics.com be a substitute for the IP? I mean, if I were to write http://77.79.210.222/etc.... I should be the same as if I wrote http://api.leoslyrics.com. At least I thought so, but obviously, this is not true. I get a "Not Found" error from the server. But I think there must be a way to somehow simulate thatyou get a static IP for that server.

On the otherhand... it is some kind of hack into the system and I'd rather use it openly with permission, but unfortunately I haven't received an E-Mail from Leo's Lyrics either

Besides: How were you able to hide LyricWiki? I see no option in the Preferences to Hide a Provider?

Reply #118
I have installed foobar2000 1.1 beta 3 with settings separeted per-user. And I have some questions about installing manual.

(1)Make sure you have foo_lyricsgrabber2 installed already

what does it mean?

2)Put python25.dll and msvcr71.dll into foobar2000\ directory (%appdata%\foobar2000\ should work as well)

works only with this files in program files/foobar2000 directory

(3)Put foo_grabber_python.dll and foo_lyricsgrabber2.dll into foobar2000\components\ directory (in Foobar2000 1.1 you can also install them inside Foobar)

ok, both program files/foobar2000/components and appdata/foobar2000/usercomponents works fine

(4)Copy pygrabber directory and all its contents to %appdata%\foobar2000\ directory

Allright, this folder must be in user-profile foobar2000 folder...

3. After Installation or After Updating
  Go to Foobar's preferences and find under tools "Lyrics Grabber 2". In "Provider", select "Python"

I see no "Python" in the list:

🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #119
Sorry, forgot to update the Install.txt

First should be obsolete, or rather it shoudl be saying "You must have foo_lyricsgrabber installed to use foo_grabber_python"

About the last point. I renamed "Python" to "Scripts" as some found it better, as not all know python. So you see "Scripts" there.

Reply #120
AZ Lyrics often gives false results. That is mainly annoying when it is preferred in the "Search all". I assumed that the false results are songs from other artists with same title but i can't proove that as the AZ lyrics site is a mess which doesn't allow to list songs alphabetically.

A small mistake in lyrdb: for Dendemann - "Metapher than leather" i receive Run-D.M.C - "Tougher than Leather". It seem to ignore artist and like similarity in title. (Edit: aah, lyrdb don't contain the artist Dendemann so it is looking just for the title. Could you remove that "feature"? Any news why sometimes lyrdb results are truncated in lyricsgrabber window?)

Reply #121
AZ Lyrics often gives false results. That is mainly annoying when it is preferred in the "Search all". I assumed that the false results are songs from other artists with same title but i can't proove that as the AZ lyrics site is a mess which doesn't allow to list songs alphabetically.

A small mistake in lyrdb: for Dendemann - "Metapher than leather" i receive Run-D.M.C - "Tougher than Leather". It seem to ignore artist and like similarity in title. (Edit: aah, lyrdb don't contain the artist Dendemann so it is looking just for the title. Could you remove that "feature"? Any news why sometimes lyrdb results are truncated in lyricsgrabber window?)

I'm not sure about AZLyrics but I implemented a check, that it, at least, really is the same title. As AZLyrics is accessed via the in-built search function of the site, and the first result taken, i could just have been similar. Hopefully, this is enough!

Abuot LyrDB: That is fixed. I check now of similarity to the artist as well. "Dendemann - Metapher than leather" for instance now returns failed, as it doesn't seem to be in the database of LyrDB.

Edit: Err.. new Version is out, of course

Reply #122
Thanks for new version! 

I have one request: Could lyricsgrabber window remember its size. I make the window bigger to have a greater area for tracklisting and for lyricdisplay. After closing the window return to its small size.

Edit: No more false results in newest version!

Reply #123
Thanks for new version! 

I have one request: Could lyricsgrabber window remember its size. I make the window bigger to have a greater area for tracklisting and for lyricdisplay. After closing the window return to its small size.

Sorry, possible, probably, practical for me, I don't think so. I'm not so experienced with this kind of dialogs, which means, I's take a few hours to make this happen. Sorry again.

Reply #124
LyricWiki often picks up lyrics like this:
External links

Amazon: search for… The Black Mages • The Black Mages II: The Skies Above • Zeromus FoxyTunes Planet: search for… The Black Mages • Zeromus

Hype Machine: search for… The Black Mages • Zeromus

Last.fm: search for… The Black Mages • The Black Mages II: The Skies Above • Zeromus

MusicBrainz: search for… The Black Mages • The Black Mages II: The Skies Above • Zeromus

Pandora: search for… The Black Mages • Zeromus Wikipedia: search for… The Black Mages • The Black Mages II: The Skies Above • Zeromus

YouTube: Zeromus

When looking for lyrics foor a batch of songs, this is a large problem. Could you look into it?

Also, a lot of lyrics seem to have trailing newlines at the end, which is kind of annoying.

Thank you for fixing the plugin! =]