Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mac OS X AAC command line encoder besides FAAC? (Read 25818 times) previous topic - next topic

Mac OS X AAC command line encoder besides FAAC?

Reply #25
It seems there is something wrong in your wav files. I don't know ffmpeg options, anyway the command line you showed before seems strange to me: what's that -10 option and the minus sign right before the pipe? And in the first place, are you sure about the way wav handles multichannel? (I confess my complete ignorance on this matter)
... I live by long distance.

Reply #26
"-v -10" forces ffmpeg to not output any infos (error/debug/status messages)
" - " sets the output to pipe
the ffmpeg part of the command line should be fine, I use it all the time,.. to feed stuff to oggenc/lame/faac

Reply #27
"-v -10" forces ffmpeg to not output any infos (error/debug/status messages)
" - " sets the output to pipe

Ah ok, so is -v loglevel (I just would have written -v 10 ) and "no output file specified means stdout".

the ffmpeg part of the command line should be fine, I use it all the time,.. to feed stuff to oggenc/lame/faac

So the troubles are on the AAC encoding side? Well, following the good old rules of thumb for troubleshooting, make a test run with the simplest case you can (i. e. two channel track) and try also to convert your current WAV files with a well known working AAC converter (say GUI version of XLD or xACT... if you can let yourself use a GUI once! )
... I live by long distance.