Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 315351 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #700
Thank you for your answer, Ozok!

TAudioConverter

Reply #701
Hello, Ozok,

I've had another look at Tau and I'd like to make two more comments:

1. There are certain dialogue boxes where you can select a value by using a selector, but you're not allowed to type a number. One example would be "Settings for MP3", where I'd like to type 5 where it says "VBR" and I can't. The selector lets me set the value to 4.97 or 5.02, but not 5.

2. I've just noticed there's a replay gain feature in settings, so I've turned it on to test it, as I had problems with MP3Gain in the past. Once switched on, I've dragged an MP3 file with "method" set to "copy", as I don't want to re-encode the track: I just want to make it sound louder. Unless I'm wrong, making a track louder doesn't imply re-enconding it. The thing is that my new track doesn't sound louder (I've checked the tags and there's nothing new written there). I've tried again, but this time setting "method" to "encode" and, although a message was displayed saying that an error had occurred, I did get a new MP3 file that is louder. Is there a way to use replaygain with "method" set to "copy"?

3. Also, there's a time line, as well as pause and stop buttons, but I don't know what they are for. If right-click on a track, and I click on play, the default player is open, so nothing happens in Tau.

4. Finally, when I use the trimming feature because I just want to have a few seconds of a track, it still says "00:00:00/00:00:00" to the right of the time line, instead of showing the initial time and the final time.

Thank you for your time!

TAudioConverter

Reply #702
1. You can click to slider and use arrow keys to set smaller steps.
2. Copy audio is not intended for audio only sources. It must be used only when extracting audio from a video file. Otherwise, as you experienced, audio will be simply copied to output.
3. Player can only play audio files (aac, m4a, mp3, wav, flac, ape, ac3, wavpack, optimfrog, speex, opus, tta, ogg, mp1-2, aiff are supported). If you selected a video file then it cannot play it. I could have implemented video playback by using MPlayer as backend but it will make program huge. You can also double click files to play.
4. I'm aware that player doesn't respect trimming. I'll add it in a future release.

TAudioConverter

Reply #703
Thanks, Ozok,

1. I've used the arrow keys and they work better for me. It'd be great, though, if users could also type a value.
2. Now I understand why it doesn't work. Would you consider allowing users to make advantage of the replay gain feature with audio files not embedded in videos? That'd be awesome.
3. I've tried with an MP3 file, both by double clicking or by right-clicking and then clicking on play, and it still opens my default audio player. I don't know how to make Tau play the audio file internally.
4. That's great: thanks!

TAudioConverter

Reply #704
Can you send me the mp3 file? Email or PM is fine by me. Error handling in player code isn't the best.

edit: I plan to add a RG scanner like foobar has.

TAudioConverter

Reply #705
Ozok, now it seems to play MP3 files internally: I don't know what happened before...

If I encounter this problem again, I'll make sure I send it to you.

Great to know about the replay gain implementation :-)

TAudioConverter

Reply #707
Qaac exits with error code 3221225595 (0xc000007b) and only thing I can find about this is a corrupted TAC installation.
Edit: Also Qaac doesn't write anything to console so I'm guessing it exits straight away.

TAudioConverter

Reply #708
Qaac exits with error code 3221225595 (0xc000007b) and only thing I can find about this is a corrupted TAC installation.
Edit: Also Qaac doesn't write anything to console so I'm guessing it exits straight away.

The version used is this one: TAC(0.9.4.3341)portable_64bit.zip, I never install anything. You're right btw, qaac package replaced as well, other than qtfiles, and everything's fine. You should rebuild TAC.

TAudioConverter

Reply #709
The version used is this one: TAC(0.9.4.3341)portable_64bit.

TAC(0.9.4.3341)portable_32bit's qaac is fine.

The hash of every file of both qaac folder is the same, I have no idea why the 64bit version doesn't work.

TAudioConverter

Reply #710
msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll are 64bit in qaac folder (64bit portable). Perhaps that's what's causing the trouble.
Edit: Also corrupted download might be the problem too. Where did you download the 64bit package?

TAudioConverter

Reply #711
msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll are 64bit in qaac folder (64bit portable). Perhaps that's what's causing the trouble.
Edit: Also corrupted download might be the problem too. Where did you download the 64bit package?

All three mirrors, same issue.

IIRC nu774 said these 64bit DLLs are only for the 64bit version of refalac, qaac is only 32bit. Same reason the 64bit folder doesn't contain libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and qaac64.exe

These two packages create confusion only, in same cases the 32bit is even faster than its 64bit version (don't remember precisely which encoder/version). My suggestion is to keep only the 32bit TAC.

TAudioConverter

Reply #712
Request:
Support for embedding .png and .webp aswell?
I tried with "folder.png" in same folder, TAC did not embed it into Opus. Ogg container should also be compitable with webp from what i've heard. And since jellybean 4.1, Android has been supporting webp natively, so could really see the benefit of using that format over jpeg.

Edit: Wow. Tac "forgot" to write the tags when i had png in same folder instead of jpeg. When i had folder.jpg it wrote tags. So.. If tac encounters a unsupported "folder.whatever", it fails writing tags at all?
Tried twice, same thing happened. Log: http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/62178098/file.html
Edit2: This is using TTagger

TAudioConverter

Reply #713
o-l-a-v problem was caused by TTagger. It opened cover file to get it's dimensions but didn't close it later. This updated ttagger.exe should fix your problem TTagger.7z

TAudioConverter

Reply #714
Just noticed that, when using the built in scaling function in Windows 8.1, the UI layout in TAC gets pretty messed up

Google Image link

The next/ previous codec selectors get misplaced like this when scaling is set to normal aswell.

TAudioConverter

Reply #715
I'm aware of this problem. I've fixed it in source commits but thanks anyway o-l-a-v.

TAudioConverter

Reply #716
New beta release build 3555 (0.9.5 Beta):
-Added: [General] "Merge Audio" mode
-Added: [General] An option to use MediaInfo or tag libraries from 3delite.hu to read tags
-Added: [General] TAC will try to create temp folder at startup
-Added: [General] "Filters" button's icon will go grey if filters are disabled
-Added: [General] "Create log.zip" option to "Help" menu
-Added: [General] TAC will remember it's last position, window state and size
-Added: [General] Number of files will be shown at the bottom of the file list
-Added: [General] "Title", "Album", "Artist" and "Genre" columns to file list
-Added: [General] Clicking to column in the file list will sort the list
-Added: [General] "Album Artist" (%albumartist%) tag to custom folder/file option
-Added: [CDRipper] Will now ask confirmation when user wants to stop ripping
-Added: [General] A few minor features
-Fixed: [General] TAC couldn't rename some files if "Custom Folder Tree" was selected and tags contained invalid chars
-Fixed: [General] TAC wouldn't search external gif and bmp artwork files
-Fixed: [General] TAC wouldn't pad track no when "Custom folder tree" was selected
-Fixed: [General] Codec list and related controls didn't resize/move when window was resized
-Fixed: [General] Main window's dimensions are now smaller
-Fixed: [CDRipper] Wouldn't restore window title and menu items when stopped by user
-Fixed: [TTagger] A bug where tags couldn't be written because external artwork file was being used by an other process
-Updated: Oggenc2 to v2.87 (libvorbis 1.3.4)
-Updated: Opusenc to 0.1.8-git (using libopus 1.1.x-git)
-Updated: FLAC, ID3 and mp4 tag libraries

New file adding method is a few times faster (2-8 times in my experience) than older method. Merging works well but since it is new, there might be a few things I missed.

Download location: https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-...erter/downloads

TAudioConverter

Reply #717
ozok, thanks for the update, however oggenc2.exe (libvorbis 1.3.4) I stole from it gives an error with foobar2000 and can't encode anything. Do you have any idea why?

Code: [Select]
Command line: "D:\foobar2000\encoders\oggenc2lv.exe" -s 1473155231 --ignorelength -Q -q4.000000 - -o "01. Sunday Bloody Sunday.ogg"
  Working folder: D:\Music\ToDo\U2\1983 - War (Ogg Vorbis)\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005); please re-check parameters

TAudioConverter

Reply #718
I'm afraid I don't. I tested it with TAC and it worked without a problem. I downloaded it from rarewares.org if that helps.

TAudioConverter

Reply #719
Oh, I kept checking for 1.3.4 then the website went down, I must have missed it and now I have to wait for it to come back up again :/

TAudioConverter

Reply #724
I'm getting the same error:
Code: [Select]
An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005); please re-check parameters)
Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1073741819 (0xC0000005); please re-check parameters
could not enumerate tracks (Unsupported format or corrupted file)

And I think I've found the culprit: the -Q switch, when used in a command line the encoder hangs.