Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Source Splitting (Read 1720 times) previous topic - next topic

Source Splitting

Hey I have a general question about what the best method of doing the following would be:

Source is a Native Instruments Traktor S4 that has RCA out or TRS out I want to input 2 Alto Mac 2.2 1500 watt amplifiers that have TRS or XLR inputs via a Behringer Ultra Graph Pro Dual 31 Band Graphic Equaliser that has TRS or XLR inputs, using a separate channel to each of the amps. The reason being is Amp 1 is in bridged mode (4ohm 1500w) driving a 1200 watt Sub and Amp 2 is in stereo mode driving the PA Speakers.

I was thinking TRS output from the Traktor Y split to feed both of the equaliser channels and then TRS from each of the equaliser channels into the Amps.

Many thanks, Jack

Source Splitting

Reply #1
I was thinking TRS output from the Traktor Y split to feed both of the equaliser channels and then TRS from each of the equaliser channels into the Amps.
That should work fine.    The general rule is that it's OK to to connect two (or more) inputs together (such as driving two amplifiers form one CD player) but it's NOT OK to to directly connect two outputs together (such as connecting a CD player and DVD player to the same amplifier).

RCA splitters are easy to find.  I'm not sure if you can fine an XLR or TRS splitter, although you (or someone) could make one.

The reason being is Amp 1 is in bridged mode (4ohm 1500w) driving a 1200 watt Sub and Amp 2 is in stereo mode driving the PA Speakers.
You should probably think about getting an active crossover.  You should be able to find one for under $100 USD.  You'll be doing it the "right way" and you won't need the splitter.

Source Splitting

Reply #2
What's wrong with using the dedicated sub out (with variable crossover freq.) on the Behringer?

Or am I missing something?