Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: pause lag (Read 3018 times) previous topic - next topic

pause lag

is there any way of fixing this? possibly in future versions?  even 1000ms is kinda annoying when someone walks in the room and wants to say soemthing, and you hit the buttom and just stare at them till the music goes off.. lol...  or if the phone is ringing.. etc... etc...

if not, i'm not gonna cry and hold my breathe or anything... but it'd be a nice touch

pause lag

Reply #1
oh, i guess i should note i'm using kernal streaming with 1000ms buffer...  i haven't tryed it with DS or waveout...

pause lag

Reply #2
anyone?

pause lag

Reply #3
Sorry, I can't reproduce this, using either Kernel Streaming or waveOut on version 0.55.  Pausing works perfectly (immediately) for me.

pause lag

Reply #4
Sorry, I can't reproduce this, using either Kernel Streaming or waveOut on version 0.55.  Pausing works perfectly (immediately) for me.

Same here. Dunnow what's the problem

pause lag

Reply #5
hmmm.... this is odd, then...

I guess i'll go into more detail on what i'm using...

P2 450, 208mb Ram, M-Audio Sonica, Foobar2k .55 (but its happened in previous versions too)... 

and basically the buffer size = the time you wait after you hit pause till it pauses...      so basically, its just playing whatevers left in the buffer instead of just stopping right when i press it...

i also get loud clicks/pops/static for a second when i change tracks manually...

pause lag

Reply #6
yeah I know what you mean, I have had that happen a couple times to me!

pause lag

Reply #7
oh, i guess i should note i'm using kernal streaming with 1000ms buffer...  i haven't tryed it with DS or waveout...

Switch to WaveOut/DS, try again. If pause doesn't work with waveOut, you've got a driver bug. I think likewise with DS. Honestly, there's few reasons to use Kernel Streaming. It requires enough sense to be able to switch to a different output mode if there are weird things happening. And because it ignores the OS more, weird things happen more.

Also, joeg, are you using the equalizer? That seems to make weird noises when tracks are changed when I tried it last. Not sure if the bug is fixed yet.

pause lag

Reply #8
oh, i guess i should note i'm using kernal streaming with 1000ms buffer...  i haven't tryed it with DS or waveout...

Switch to WaveOut/DS, try again. If pause doesn't work with waveOut, you've got a driver bug. I think likewise with DS. Honestly, there's few reasons to use Kernel Streaming. It requires enough sense to be able to switch to a different output mode if there are weird things happening. And because it ignores the OS more, weird things happen more.

Also, joeg, are you using the equalizer? That seems to make weird noises when tracks are changed when I tried it last. Not sure if the bug is fixed yet.

just replaygain... nothing else...

i'm gonna give Directsound and wav a shot...  could be a driver thing, seeing how the sonica is a USB soundcard...

pause lag

Reply #9
yeah, both of those things are only with kernel streaming...    not ds/waveout...  its not the worst thing in the world... but hopefully future drivers will fix that...