Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC profile - Error message (Read 3202 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC profile - Error message

Hi everyone,
I am using EAC V1.0 beta 3 and had created a profile using this version. I recently had a major O/S issue which resulted in a reinstall (its XP SP3) and am slowly getting my software back up and running.

EAC did not require a reinstall but it had lost my profile. I can see the profile out on the C: drive and can find it when I access the EAC>Profiles>Load Profile option. However, when I try to load the profile I get the error message which says "The profile belongs to a different version of EAC and cannot be loaded".

Is there any fix for this or have I got to start from scratch again?

Thanks,
Dave

Reply #1
Are you trying to load the profile from Application Data\EAC\Profiles or from the Profiles folder in the installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy)? Try the former if you haven't yet.   

EDIT: Nevermind, I've only now noticed that you had to reinstall XP, that certainly wiped out all user settings from the Application Data folder.

Reply #2
Are you trying to load the profile from Application Data\EAC\Profiles or from the Profiles folder in the installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy)? Try the former if you haven't yet.   

EDIT: Nevermind, I've only now noticed that you had to reinstall XP, that certainly wiped out all user settings from the Application Data folder.

Yep - Application Data is gone.

Meanwhile as an update, I find that the .cfg file that is under C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy starts with "EACV0991" when I open it in Notepad. I am wondering if somehow EAC thinks its an older version even though it was created in the new version.

Reply #3
V1.0 beta 3 creates cfg with E A C V 1 0 0 0. Looks like that one was created with one of V0.99 builds.
korth

Reply #4
V1.0 beta 3 creates cfg with E A C V 1 0 0 0. Looks like that one was created with one of V0.99 builds.

So, Korth, no way to "upgrade" this profile to one that could be used in V1.0 beta 3?

Reply #5
From the EAC website describing a fix for a different problem:
If you need your old profiles, it would be best to install the new version side by side with the old version. Then load a profile with the old version and close the program. Open the new version and save the appropriate options

Don't forget to check the compression options and placeholders.
korth