Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need a crew to help with the new Musepack.org (Read 6585 times) previous topic - next topic

Need a crew to help with the new Musepack.org

well i have recently discovered that Musepack.org is the #1 site on Google when searching for the word Musepack.

So i figured i might as well update it and bring out of the dark ages...

additionally, with 32000+ unique hits (72000+ including reloads) its apparently one of the more popular sites for musepack information... and its not even a year old.

So i figure i would like to get the site up to date and maybe give it a re-working by February 7 2003, when it will be 1 year since i started monitoring traffic to the site.

So far i have one or two people that are willing to help and a probable offer for hosting.

If anyone else would be interested in helping upkeep the site by updating Musepack related news, keeping software up to date, programming some things in PHP or designing the site, or anything else that you may think to be helpful (graphic design, or anything really) please tell me... just leave a post here or send me an email to spase@musepack.org...

basically i need a staff of sorts to help keep the site going when i am unable to keep it up to date, as when i head off to school i am commonly to busy to take care of the site... but i am at home on break for a solid month more, so i figure it'd be a good thing to keep me busy.

and oh yea, anyone who helps will of course get a nice spiffy new musepack.org email address, and public acknowledgement on the site.

Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

Reply #1
What are you looking for in a site? If you are looking for something to manage an information portal system you should look at post-nuke or PHPnuke. I have worked with several sites that use this and even run one of my own. It makes the job very easy. It is very configurable. And it cuts down on the custom PHP code needed. My own home page uses custom PHP code and has some spiffy features. But then again that is also why it has never been completed. I need to get my PHP script to parse the info out of OGG files and my Vorbis library back up and running.

Reply #2
I can take care of some design jobs.. pm me when ur ready, i love mpc and I can spent some time on banner/logo design for it.
-

Reply #3
If you need me, let me know. I've got plenty of php/webdesign/mysql blah blah blah experience.

Reply #4
I would be willing to work on backend and raw XHTML/CSS of it (design I can, but not the greatest. but I think of myself as being pretty good at taking a layout someone drew and translating it into neat, easily updatable and expandable, cross-platform markup).

Reply #5
I'd say we appreciate help in all areas of the site. There's much to be done )
Just be serious about it.
peace

mtrh(at)musepack.org

Reply #6
If anyone else would be interested in helping upkeep the site by updating Musepack related news, keeping software up to date, programming some things in PHP or designing the site, or anything else that you may think to be helpful

Musepack.org has proved to be especially great as a starting place for people who have just discovered Musepack. (I heard a lot of people saying they updated their MPC-related software, and not in the least mppenc, at Musepack.org.)
It is a unique opportunity keep offering this 'service' -like spase says- and at the same time linking to other useful MPC-related websites.  B) 
(this forum is probably one of them)

Reply #7
space, I tried to contact you via e-mail, but failed...

Reply #8
How about multilanguage?

And about portals, i like Scoop better (lets people rate comments and/or article submissions).

Thanks for the site and good work.
She is waiting in the air

Reply #9
What happened to musepack.org?
Is it still coming back or is it gone for good?

If it is coming back how about a doing placer page. Encountering the bog standard apache dir listing is a bit off-putting.

Reply #10
You might like to know that the official development place for MPC will be on CoreCodec.org. It will be also the place for the MPC CVS.

The system is based on GForge (similar to SourceForge) and you can add Virtual Hosting there. So you could map musepack.org to the MPC webpage there (that will be up soon and currently being designed). The administration of this place can then be shared

Reply #11
Psssst !!

We are not ready for official launch yet folks, so please dont spread this information yet 

spase, MTRH, you'll have some explanation mail from me soon ...

Christian