Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to remove embedded album art from WV? (Read 6539 times) previous topic - next topic

How to remove embedded album art from WV?

Hey guys,

recently I've been converting many rips to WavPack with CUETools.
Unfortunately it embedded all my album art directly into the files even though I did not choose to embed album art.

So now I wonder how I can remove it. MP3Tag shows the cover images. But when I rightclick it and remove it, it just shows up again after saving.

Reply #1
I have embedded album art pictures with foobar2000 v0.9.6.9 and WavPack v4.60 - This removes them successfully:

In foobar's properties dialog (tab "Metadata"):
  • "strg + a" to choose all fields
  • "strg + c" to copy their contents
  • Button "Tools": -> Remove Tags
  • "strg + v" to paste the clipboard's content
  • Apply.
Now album art pictures are deleted, all other Metadata fields as before.

A passing reference only:

Sometimes my software is more intelligently than I am   (the good software only!):

The first time I deleted embedded album art this way I thought the picture's removal would fail, because foobar still displayed them.

But the reason for this was that the same picture I had embedded and then deleted was also in the song's folder with name "Front.png". So what foobar showed was not the embedded album art anymore but the png from the file's directory.

Could this possibly happened to you also?

Reason for edit: additional hint.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #2
Could this possibly happened to you also?

Nope, even though I have folder.jpg's in the directories thats not the case. I've double checked.
Thanks for your tip as well. But I have WavPack images with embedded cuesheets. When I remove metadata cuesheets are lost irreversible.