Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Global hotkeys stop working whilst I am playing League of Legends (Read 4323 times) previous topic - next topic

Global hotkeys stop working whilst I am playing League of Legends

Hello,

I've been playing an online game League of legends and what I found out was that when the game started my Global Hotkeys from Foobar2000 stopped to work at all (whenever the game is turned on and I am playing this PARTICULAR game). I wrote to the support of the game, but they asked to come and ask someone from Foobar site.
Anyone know something about it?

Reply #1
The only workaround is probably to implement global hotkeys using DirectInput or RawInput, but in that case, keys will probably still go through to whatever application you are currently using. Oh, and AV scanners with heuristic scanning capability may decide that foobar2000 is a key logger.

Reply #2
I've had this issue in Starcraft 2 for over a year. I decided ot jsut run the game in windowed and minimize whenever I wanted to pause/skip. Now I'm haivng the issue in a number of games.  Actually in SC2 every key would activate TWICE so play/pause would first pause it, and then forever re-pause it whenever I hit it again. and skip would skip twice. In other games (Phantasy Star Online 2, Batman Arkham City) they just dont work at all.

Reply #3
I've found this quite annoying when it happens in games, and it would be nice if foobar had an option to work around it. In the meantime though, I've been using the browser in the steam overlay and foo_httpcontrol.