Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9 released (Read 81367 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Hmm...goodbye "text buttons". I kinda liked them...
BTW Peter, is dropping NT 4.0 mostly a measure to prevent struggle with supporting slight problems which might arise when using foobar there? Or are there good technical reasons?

PS. I propose changing page with requirements and adding somewhere download for last foobar version that works with "ancient" OSes.

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #1
Thanks Peter and to all the other developers of Foobar2000. Foobar2000 is a very handy tool to have around.
daefeatures.co.uk

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #2
Thanks Peter and to all the other developers of Foobar2000. Foobar2000 is a very handy tool to have around.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372532"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many thanks to all you geniuses who dedicate themselves to this project.  I love this program!

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #3
Thank you & Congratulations Peter and all those who contribute to Foobar! Foobar is a program that I couldn't live without.

Cheers,
Pete

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #4
thx a lot to all the devs of this great gem!
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #5
many thanks for this, just a few questions. how do you get the enqueue folder option in the windows right click menu? also what output mode is used by default (cant switch between waveout and directsound).

hope the plugin authors get compiling with the new sdk, cant wait to se it with columns ui 

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #6
many thanks for this, just a few questions. how do you get the enqueue folder option in the windows right click menu? [{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm trying to figure that out as well.

cant wait to se it with columns ui 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372546"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Will this Columns UI work........

[a href="http://music.morbo.org/beta.php]http://music.morbo.org/beta.php[/url]
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #7
Will this Columns UI work........

http://music.morbo.org/beta.php
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372554"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes it will and it has been around for a while. 

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #8
many thanks for this, just a few questions. how do you get the enqueue folder option in the windows right click menu? [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=372546\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can't anymore. You have to do it by yourself:

Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.enqueue]
@="&Enqueue in foobar2000"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.enqueue\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\foobar2000\\foobar2000.exe\" /add \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.play]
@="&Play in foobar2000"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\foobar2000.play\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\foobar2000\\foobar2000.exe\" \"%1\""

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #9
many thanks for this, just a few questions. how do you get the enqueue folder option in the windows right click menu? [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372546"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can't anymore. You have to do it by yourself:

Can someone explain, specifically, how?

(So that semi-n00bs like me can understand  )

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #11
Thanks

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #12
Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372591"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Of course you must verify the correct path  for your installation

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #13
Very nice work, thanks to all developers who made my favorite audio player even better.

One small question: does fb2k use a modified version of FAAD2 or is it the "official" version? If it's not a modified build, which version?

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #14
Congratulations to the devs! thank you for this amazing tool!

EDIT: Missing "for".
we was young an' full of beans

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #15
Thanks for all the hard work Peter, the support developers, and the testers. The fact that some of my favorite 3rd party components are finally going to be ported over to the new code is a great thing to look forward to.

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #16
Awesome. Now I just need to wait for all the plugins I use to be ported over.
I blow chunks.

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #17
Great work! Thx to all hard workers for this musthave program!

I like simple and clear user interfaces and i think v0.9 will gain more fans/users. Older versions deterred a lot.

This piece is software is worth paying for, where to donate?

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #18
Hey Peter please can you bring back the option to sort by display name ?? it was really usefull... now i can't have my entire playlist to show correctly

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #19
good news, thanks to Peter.

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #20
Sweet, been waiting for this for a while , thank you.
Still, I hope that the MP4 Utility would still exist in the version.

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #21
does multi-cpu support for the converter mean that I can encode 2 files at once, each instance running on one core of my dual-core computer?

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #22
- New: Converter, replacing old “Diskwriter” component. Includes album image writing (cuesheet creation, direct encoding to MP4 with chapters), preview generation and multi-CPU optimizations. Most popular encoders are supported out-of-the-box; more encoders can be added using generic commandline encoder setup.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372500"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can the converter be used with iTunesEncode.exe? I've tried to set it up but am unsure of the correct settings. I don't want to be stuck using FooBar 0.8.3 :-(

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #23
Successfully installed on Linux with Wine, but can't play any music file. So I have to restore 0.83.

foobar2000 v0.9 released

Reply #24
- New: Converter, replacing old “Diskwriter” component. Includes album image writing (cuesheet creation, direct encoding to MP4 with chapters), preview generation and multi-CPU optimizations. Most popular encoders are supported out-of-the-box; more encoders can be added using generic commandline encoder setup.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372500"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can the converter be used with iTunesEncode.exe? I've tried to set it up but am unsure of the correct settings. I don't want to be stuck using FooBar 0.8.3 :-(
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372744"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sure it can. In the new Converter you have to set up a new custom preset, there you locate the iTunesEncode.exe ,set it up with the parameters from the readme file, set the file extension to m4a or mp4, set format to Lossy, BPS mode to 16 or 24, and give the preset a nice name and off you go.
we was young an' full of beans