Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Inventory Archiving Tools (Read 2464 times) previous topic - next topic

Inventory Archiving Tools

Hi!

First of, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. If that's the case, I ask the moderator if he could kindly move it to the correct one. =)

So here's the deal. I work at a pretty old fashioned record store. The only sales related hardware we have are pretty much only a laptop, a cash register and a credit card terminal.

I'd like to improve our workflow by creating a digital archive, where we can archive (preferably just through scanning) our inventory. We have mostly CDs, some music DVDs and movie DVDs, and a few games. I'd like to be able to enter number of copies and the price of each title.

What is the best solution for this? Just a simple software on a laptop would suffice, but I'd also like to know more about alternatives that are hooked up the the register and/or terminal.

I've been googling around with no luck, so if somebody could point me in the right direction, that would be great=)

Inventory Archiving Tools

Reply #1
Have you tried just a simple excel spreadsheet?