IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Foobar2000 is displaying the wrong album art
kgje
post Oct 12 2012, 15:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103811

Hello!

I'm sure this is not an unusual problem for beginners and I'm sure you get it a lot, but the only post I've found that actually had an answer I just couldn't get to work.
Before I grabbed foobar I used Windows Media Player, and it rarely displayed the album art, and when it did it was usually incorrect.

All my music now seems to have the wrong album art, whenever I move my music to another device or use another player it shows up wrong.
The solution I found here before told the op to go to Organize>settings>"show protected os files" or something along those lines. I did, but I cannot find the pictures he referred to afterwards.

Do you need more information or is this enough to go on? I am using the latest version of foobar.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thoed
post Oct 12 2012, 18:35
Post #2

Member No.: 103815

Is all of your music in one folder along with the album artwork? That may be the reason for foobar displaying the incorrect artwork. Put the albums in separate folders.

You may not be seeing the files because they're hidden. Try enabling the display of not only of protected files but hidden as well.
+Quote Post
kgje
post Oct 12 2012, 19:46
Post #3

Member No.: 103811

Oh, right. I now see the pictures.
They're a little bit all over the place. I have a folder I just named "Unsorted" which is where I place music that isn't part of an album.
Do you mean I should place all the album art pictures in a separate folder or create a folder for each individual song? :/
+Quote Post
BenB
post Oct 12 2012, 21:15
Post #4

Member No.: 98921

QUOTE (kgje @ Oct 12 2012, 13:46) *
I have a folder I just named "Unsorted" which is where I place music that isn't part of an album.

I suggest if you're going to store "albumless" songs in this manner and if any of those songs have specific artwork, that you embed the artwork in the file it belongs to and remove any external artwork from the folder. The reason for this is that if any external artwork has a name that has been specified in foobar as artwork, foobar will display it instead of the embedded artwork if it is larger* than the embedded artwork. This may cause the incorrect artwork to show.

EDIT:
*Larger as in file size. Dimensions and/or dpi do not influence what is displayed as far as I've been able to discern.

This post has been edited by BenB: Oct 12 2012, 21:18
+Quote Post
mjb2006
post Mar 24 2013, 06:44
Post #5

Member No.: 30694

QUOTE (BenB @ Oct 12 2012, 13:15) *
if any external artwork has a name that has been specified in foobar as artwork, foobar will display it instead of the embedded artwork if it is larger* than the embedded artwork.

Preferences > Advanced > Display > Album art > Embedded vs external

You can choose from
  • Prefer larger
  • Prefer external
  • Prefer embedded
You can also set the maximum file size for external art so that foobar doesn't waste memory on gigantic files.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:50