Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_input_tak (Read 251258 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_input_tak

Reply #50
As I said, I will happily test it on monday, as I have no multicore machine within reach until then.

Fine!

I am happy, that Kanak has reported success with the new library (in the TAK Decoding library 1.0.3-thread). Hopefully it will work for you too.

Thomas

foo_input_tak

Reply #51
With your new decoding library, the (dynamic) bitrate shows up as being around 1600 kbps...

foo_input_tak

Reply #52
TAK Decoding library 1.0.4

is out: TAK Decoding library 1.0.4

With your new decoding library, the (dynamic) bitrate shows up as being around 1600 kbps...

That's very strange. I haven't touched any code involved into the decoding itself. Which library version have you been using before? Can anyone else confirm this observation?

Added:

One possible explaination: The affected file is 24-bit and you have been using the decoding library V1.0.1 before, which reported wrong bit rates for 24-bit files.

foo_input_tak

Reply #53
I've got a possible bug for you foosion. After updating the tags of a file through foobar, the second compression delineation (extra or max) disappears. For example a file that was displaying "normal max" will only display "normal" after a tag update. This is in the foobar properties page.

Can anybody confirm this one?

Also, I think this has already been mentioned but you can't seem to update the tags of a cue index number that is currently being played back.

foo_input_tak

Reply #54

That's very strange. I haven't touched any code involved into the decoding itself. Which library version have you been using before? Can anyone else confirm this observation?

No such problems here. Tried it with both 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.3.0 no such problems (16-bit files only- i don't have any 24-bit files).

I've got a possible bug for you foosion. After updating the tags of a file through foobar, the second compression delineation (extra or max) disappears. For example a file that was displaying "normal max" will only display "normal" after a tag update. This is in the foobar properties page.

Same here. The problem is replicable.

foo_input_tak

Reply #55
As promised, I tested the new decoding library. 535 files, around 13GB, converting and replaygaining went fine. No crash, no errors. Yay! 

Good work!

Edit:
Confirmed.

foo_input_tak

Reply #56
Arggl. I answered yesterday, unfortunately my answer isn't here. HA was unresponsive for some minutes...

Very short answer: My time is low, I can't prove it any more as I've deleted the (tak 1.01) files. I don't know wether it was the files or the decoder. Now with 1.04 decoder I don't see the problem again, let's assume anything is fine

foo_input_tak

Reply #57
Could someone  create a TAK Icon that fits to the default foobar fileicons?

foo_input_tak

Reply #58
foobar 9.4.3 hungs when I try to play a tak file.
Mycomponents:
Code: [Select]
Core (2007-04-20 21:36:34)
    foobar2000 core 0.9.4.3
foo_abx.dll (2007-04-20 21:35:00)
    ABX Comparator 1.3.1
foo_albumlist.dll (2007-04-20 21:34:58)
    Album List 3.2.0
foo_audioscrobbler.dll (2006-09-14 00:20:40)
    Audioscrobbler 2.1
foo_cdda.dll (2007-04-20 21:34:44)
    CD Audio Decoder 2.1.1
foo_converter.dll (2007-04-20 21:34:28)
    Converter 1.0.1
foo_dockable_panels.dll (2007-03-28 09:19:02)
    Dockable Panels 1.0.7b [Mar 28 2007 - 09:18:48]
foo_dsp_src9.dll (2006-06-05 20:48:38)
    Resampler (Secret Rabbit Code) 1.03
foo_dsp_std.dll (2007-01-20 01:36:56)
    Standard DSP array 1.0
foo_dsp_winamp.dll (2006-07-30 13:01:18)
    Winamp DSP Bridge 1.4.1
foo_freedb2.dll (2006-08-29 20:43:04)
    freedb Tagger 0.5.2a
foo_input_monkey.dll (2006-08-04 21:57:18)
    Monkey's Audio decoder 2.1.1
foo_input_std.dll (2007-04-20 21:34:22)
    FLAC Decoder 1.1.0
    Standard Input Array 1.0
    WMA Decoder 1.1
foo_input_tak.dll (2007-04-19 00:24:04)
    TAK Decoder 0.3.1
foo_masstag.dll (2007-04-20 21:33:44)
    Masstagger 1.6
foo_out_ks.dll (2006-08-04 21:54:58)
    Kernel Streaming Output 1.2.2
foo_playcount.dll (2006-09-16 17:55:54)
    Playback Statistics 1.3.2
foo_rating.dll (2007-02-28 00:52:46)
    Foo_Rating BETA 2.1
foo_rgscan.dll (2007-04-20 21:33:22)
    ReplayGain Scanner 2.0.2
foo_run.dll (2006-06-15 22:08:10)
    Run services 0.3.2
foo_sic.dll (2007-01-08 11:52:52)
    foosic music database 1.0 beta 12
foo_ui_columns.dll (2006-11-22 14:05:24)
    Columns UI 0.1.3 beta 1v7
foo_ui_std.dll (2007-04-20 21:33:14)
    Default User Interface 0.9acc
foo_uie_albumart.dll (2007-01-15 17:04:44)
    Album Art Panel 0.2.6
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll (2007-01-03 14:18:46)
    Quick Search Toolbar 2.8k

foo_input_tak

Reply #59

No such problems here. Tried it with both 1.0.4.0 and 1.0.3.0 no such problems (16-bit files only- i don't have any 24-bit files).

As promised, I tested the new decoding library. 535 files, around 13GB, converting and replaygaining went fine. No crash, no errors. Yay! 

Good work!

Very good news. Thank you both!

Probably i will soon officially replace the decoding library 1.0.2 with 1.04.

Arggl. I answered yesterday, unfortunately my answer isn't here. HA was unresponsive for some minutes...

Very short answer: My time is low, I can't prove it any more as I've deleted the (tak 1.01) files. I don't know wether it was the files or the decoder. Now with 1.04 decoder I don't see the problem again, let's assume anything is fine

Thanks for the update. I am very confident, that this wasn't a bug.

Could someone  create a TAK Icon that fits to the default foobar fileicons?

This isn't easy, because i have not choosen a official logo for TAK yet...

foobar 9.4.3 hungs when I try to play a tak file.

Could you please provide a bit more info:

1) Does this happen with any TAK file? If only selected files are affected, is the crash reproducable?

2) Is it crashing immediately?

3) Are you using a multi-core sytem?

Thomas

foo_input_tak

Reply #60
is there a Tak Decode plugin for foobar version 0.8.3 (or pre 0.9) ?
there is an error loading the plugin says "file missing shared.dll" when trying to load in version 0.3.1 of the plugin.

foo_input_tak

Reply #62
"this component appears to have been built with a newer version of foobar2000..."
after copying the shared.dll from foobar 0.9 to foobar 0.8.3 directory the plugin still does not work.

so does anyone know where, in the DLL or the EXE I can find the version number to make it think that it is the right version ?

or which lines I should skip in ollydbg to make sure it doesn't check for the version ?

foo_input_tak

Reply #63
"this component appears to have been built with a newer version of foobar2000..."
after copying the shared.dll from foobar 0.9 to foobar 0.8.3 directory the plugin still does not work.

so does anyone know where, in the DLL or the EXE I can find the version number to make it think that it is the right version ?

or which lines I should skip in ollydbg to make sure it doesn't check for the version ?

Wait i thought you were trying in foobar 0.9. No amount of voodoo will make the plugin work in 0.8x

foo_input_tak

Reply #64

why don't you just update foobar to v0.9?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

foo_input_tak

Reply #65

That seems a little strange. I'll look into it when I find some time.

Also, I think this has already been mentioned but you can't seem to update the tags of a cue index number that is currently being played back.

Embedded or external cue sheet?

foo_input_tak

Reply #67
I guess I found another bug, this time in foo_input_tak. An album contained 5 tracks of pure silence, one is 20sec long, the others are 30sec long. When trying to convert from FLAC to TAK I get the error message:
Error flushing file (TAK decoder is in error state) : file://D:\Temp\1996_Distance_14.tak

All conversions (on a multicore-CPU) stop immediately, leaving more broken TAK files behind.

Then I converted the FLAC file to WAV and used TAK's GUI. Conversion went fine. Then I tried to add tags:
Could not write info (TAK decoder is in error state) to: "D:\Temp\1996_Distance_14.tak"

Adding tags with MP3Tag went fine... 

Edit: typo

foo_input_tak

Reply #68
Then I converted the FLAC file to WAV and used TAK's GUI. Conversion went fine. Then I tried to add tags:
Could not write info (TAK decoder is in error state) to: "D:\Temp\1996_Distance_14.tak"

Adding tags with MP3Tag went fine... 

Can you please send me this file (in the form which generates the error: compressed as TAK, without tags) via email? I want to check, if my decoding library is responsible for this error.

Thomas

foo_input_tak

Reply #69
Can you please send me this file (in the form which generates the error: compressed as TAK, without tags) via email? I want to check, if my decoding library is responsible for this error.
Done. I have sent it to the address on your homepage...

foo_input_tak

Reply #70

Done. I have sent it to the address on your homepage...

Thanks for the file. I have sent it through my decoding library test suite and could find no errors. Probably it's a foo_input_tak issue.

foo_input_tak

Reply #71
I did some experiments and the error is replicable. The problem arises only when you try to add any kind of tags to a TAK file which contains nothing but silence. Duration seems to be irrelevant, the error occurs with 20, 40, 60 and 80 seconds of silence.

Foosion? Could you look into this?

foo_input_tak

Reply #72
I did some experiments and the error is replicable. The problem arises only when you try to add any kind of tags to a TAK file which contains nothing but silence. Duration seems to be irrelevant, the error occurs with 20, 40, 60 and 80 seconds of silence.

Foosion? Could you look into this?

That sounds pretty weird. I don't have much time at the moment, but I'll put it on my to-do list.

foo_input_tak

Reply #73
An error I noticed, but can not reproduce at the moment. (not sure if it's the plugin or foobar2000)

- wav's to tak (OK)
- tag with foobar2000 0.9.4.3 (still OK)
- replaygain with foobar2000 0.9.4.3 (not OK)

What happened is that the tracks were reported (properties tab foobar) between 14 to 20 samples longer than before. Of course they weren't really longer, so the extra information resulted in a sharp click at the very end of each track.
When I tried to reproduce this later again, it didn't happen. But before that I had 5 albums with clicks (finding out much later). Anyway, I hope this helps to give a clue what's going on.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foo_input_tak

Reply #74
Excellent, no problems to report with Rip, Tag and ReplayGain, thanks foosion

If someone looks for an information about this good encoder + a mini How To,

Go there : How To TAK