Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a plugin for TCP control of fooBar? (Read 1953 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a plugin for TCP control of fooBar?

Hi

I am new to fooBar 2000 as I have just started building a PC based media player with USB DAC for HD audio.  My existing house music system is controled by software from CQC and I want to write a simple driver that will allow me to use this software to operate the transport controls and send a track id to fooBar.  Foobar would be running as a headless player on the networked media player.  All of the track selection, album art display etc. would be part of my existing CQC system which already controls other devices such as a Logitech Transporter and the lighting and heating systems.

Is there a plugin that will allow me to control a copy of fooBar running on a remote machine on my network via a simple TCP socket protocol?. 

I have tried using foo_httpcontrol, but although this works fine with a browser, I would have to implement a lot of complex HTTP header code to get it to work with my own driver.  All I need is the simple ability to send a command such as "Start", "Stop" etc.

Any suggestions welcome

Paul

Is there a plugin for TCP control of fooBar?

Reply #3
If you have an iPhone, you might try foo_touchremote.