IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GAPLESS Playback now in iPods - New!, Apple just announced today! GAPLESS playback...!
kornchild2002
post Nov 2 2006, 20:26
Post #301

Group: Members
Member No.: 21277

clunesy, the 5.5G iPods require iTunes 7.0 and above so that is out of the question.

You can use iTunes 7.0.2 to sync only videos, just don't add any audio to your iTunes library. Then tell iTunes not to automatically sync anything. Then just drag-and-drop your videos into iTunes, edit their tags, then just drag-and-drop your videos onto your iPod through iTunes. So you can use iTunes only to sync videos if that is what you want, just make sure to take off auto syncing features. Even then, you can have iTunes automatically only sync your videos onto your iPod while leaving all your audio alone (like I said, just don't add it to your iTunes library).
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
clunesy
post Nov 21 2006, 14:29
Post #302

Group: Members
Member No.: 4610

Even if you turn off autosync, when you drag the videos to the ipod, itune 7.x wades in and starts scanning for gapless tracks, and in turn, destroys all customisation of your itunesDB for the tracks it looks at. There is no way to make it not start doing this. You can click stop, but by this time, it has altered 3 or 4 tracks, and you don't know what they are to go and repair them.

I'm able to use 6.0.5 to load videos, as my ipod is 5G original. I can't upgrade until there is a way to disable gapless calculation, or a workaround. I asked about 5.5Gs and 6.0.5 because my sister has one, and I'll have to load it for her.

This post has been edited by clunesy: Nov 21 2006, 14:30
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 11 12 13
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:17