Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature request: audio output switcher in toolbar (Read 4184 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: audio output switcher in toolbar

Hello @all

Thx for foobar player! I love foobar and i need no other player. I miss only one: a audio output device switcher for the toolbar

Bye!

P.S. Sorry for my english

Reply #1
I have been searching for this exact thing.

I change my output 4-5 times a day and it would be awesome if there was a way to change that without going into preferences.

Reply #2
I change my output 4-5 times a day.

Your circumstances and needs are probably very different from mine, but I can't think of a situation where you'd have to switch outputs so often. Understanding the use case will probably help in getting what you want . You're an audio engineer and have multiple sound cards attached to variety of output systems...?

Reply #3
I have two sound cards. One hooked to my speakers for my television/entertainment system and one thru my desktop speakers for my computer.

I'm just looking for a faster/easily way to switch output.

Reply #4
Do you know that there is a hidden main menu entry "choose output device" which you can bind to a button or hotkey? If you activate this button/hotkey then the prefrence page for output will be shown with an already opened dropdown list of the output devices.

Reply #5
Passive input switches like these are completely analog, so if you hook 'em up in "reverse" you have an output switch. You may want to get one that isn't fashioned out of pudding, though.

Reply #6
Do you know that there is a hidden main menu entry "choose output device" which you can bind to a button or hotkey? If you activate this button/hotkey then the prefrence page for output will be shown with an already opened dropdown list of the output devices.

Oh wow, I'll have to check this out. I was not aware! This helps a lot. I think this pretty much resolves my issue. However, I would still be in support of a toolbar/ui element that allows you to switch on the main gui.

As far as the input switchers, that could be a solution, but I'm more looking for a software component or hotkey or something.

Reply #7
Due to how the Window's audio stack enumerates different output devices, there's not viable way to do more than what is already done.
Sorry.

If I had the chat logs from 2 years ago when we discussed this I could give a more detailed answer.
elevatorladylevitateme