Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Failure to read ID3 tags on some files (Read 998 times) previous topic - next topic

Failure to read ID3 tags on some files

Hi all,
About six months ago I started to notice the following phenomenon with foobar (today using 1.2.4).
Starting with a blank library. When I set a new library path in preferences, the files (around 25'000 mp3s and flacs) get imported into the library. They show in the folder pane on the left side. At the top I have a number of files (anything between 50 and several hundred) who are listed under album "?". The title of the song is shown correctly. When I mark the song and press enter, it goes to the playlist and the ID3 tags appear and it is moved to the correct album. It is then no longer shown under album "?".
Seems a strange bug. It appears on all my PCs.
Regards
Rudi

Failure to read ID3 tags on some files

Reply #1
My guess is that it hasn't finished scanning your huge library yet. Leave it on for a while and it should work.