Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_centercut (Read 94013 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #25

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #27
Only one way to find out I guess.

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #28
I should have said this back when I downloaded it: thanks for the recompile!

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #29
Hi, I don't know if this plugin is still being developed, but would it be possible to implement another setting from the original CCGui?

What I'm talking about is the option 'Bass to sides' (and possible 'Dual mono center' too). I really would like the option of moving the bass to the sides in Foobar too, because I found it has quite an impact on the phase. Sides without the bass is always out of phase, while the other one is always IN phase! I prefer the Foobar version btw, because it also takes 32float files, where the CCGUI.exe doesn't...

Thanks in advance!

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #30
I'm bumping this because this is the best component I could ever wished for. Not only am I finding this extremely useful for tabbing songs, but it also lets me hear melodies that are hard to hear when listening to the full mix.

I want to know how to reproduce this while using my DAW. What did you do to cut whatever is panned to the center and what's hard panned?

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #32
Wow, thanks for that! I was especially amused by this:
Disclaimer: I'm not an audio researcher and am not familiar with the audio literature, so excuse me if I use the wrong terms or fail to acknowledge past work, as I am not familiar with existing advanced algorithms for vocal removal. I came up with this algorithm one day after a discussion about vector projection in lower-division math class, so I didn't do any research before devising the algorithm.
Must be nice to be able to make something like this as a lark while (apparently) knowing next to nothing about it! Modesty, eh?

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #33
Well, I don't think you need much audio/DSP knowledge to come up with this algorithm.  What's more important is vector math etc. like he wrote.
"I hear it when I see it."

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #34
Yeah, I’m sure you’re correct. It’s just that it still seems quite impressive to a layman like myself.

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #35
Thread necromancy I know, but it's a real shame foo_dsp_centrecut seems to have vanished, the link in the op to the version for foobar2000 v1.x is dead

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #36
Actually, following the trail showed me that the link in mudlord’s post has disappeared, presumably because of his current Group… of which I wasn’t aware until now.

But you’re in luck:

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #37
The latest foobar is saying this is unsupported when I try to add it, any fix?

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #38
Loads fine here.

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #39
That's odd, it's working fine here now too. Hmm, must of been due to system updates and needing a restart.

foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #40
This one is handy! It cleans up a crackly mono LP (recorded in stereo) much better than a plain mono downmix, as you'd expect.

Re: foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #41
Hi! Any chance for update to foobar2000 2.0?

Re: foo_dsp_centercut

Reply #42
Attached is a simple recompile with 64-bit support included.