Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Good Stereo Multimedia Speakers (Read 3931 times) previous topic - next topic

Good Stereo Multimedia Speakers

I found some speakers going for $100 - $200 USD. Anyone tried these?

Cambridge Megaworks THX 250
Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Altec Lansing 621
Swan Diva M200
Monoon MM-1000

Mainly for desktop music (jazz, dance)  use. Not interested in movies or games.

Reply #1
I think the Klipsch are better then cambridge!  Thats all I can comment on

Reply #2
Interesting. I had the late model Klipsch Promedia v.2-400 and they were decent, the highs were a little too bright for me and sub was boomy/muddy. The volume knob started giving me static noise, so I sold it pronto on Ebay. I have reservations about trying Klipsch again. 3dsoundsurge.com seems to like the Megaworks for music. They liked the Diva M200 even more, but it's on the high side of the price range ($200). Creative Labs just announced their new Megaworks 250 THX which is supposed to add more treble to their previous 210D model.

Reply #3
I've read some good reviews on the Altec Lansing 621. Does anyone here have any opinions on them?

Reply #4
The volume knob started giving me static noise, so I sold it pronto on Ebay.

I have the Promedia 2.1.  They only cause noise when the volume knob is turned up half-way and over.  You can use the Volume slider in audio properties to make the sound loud enough so that you don't have to turn the speakers up past the half-way point.

Other than that they sound great to me.

Reply #5
have a look at this site!  you might see something you like.  Lots for reviewed speakers

Reply #6
Thx Jen.

Reply #8
Monsoon rules.

I have MM 702 and MM 2000.

The sound is incredible, particularly in medium/high frequencies. For the bass, I'm still using my old and very expensive speakers.

Thanks theirs lightness, MM 702 are perfect for a desktop or for traveling (I'm also use it in my car).

MM 2000 are great for 5.1. The problem is that you don’t the center speaker  , so I combine MM 2000 with MM 702 and it’s perfect (w00t)

I warmly recommand Monssoon B)