Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: what about mp3 + cue in EAC? (Read 3788 times) previous topic - next topic

what about mp3 + cue in EAC?

If I encode tracks in mp3 format and I create a cue file, can I burn a perfect copy of the source then?
I mean I don't want one big mp3, but different files for different tracks.

If the answer is yes, I think that EAC should support this!
But I couldn't get EAC to work, it seems that it doesn't support mp3 as input for a cue sheet.
Is there a way to make it work?

What do you think about this? Am I wrong?

thanx
erm

Reply #1
If I encode tracks in mp3 format and I create a cue file, can I burn a perfect copy of the source then?

No, it will be a lossy version of the source. By source I presume you are referring to the original wav?

But I couldn't get EAC to work, it seems that it doesn't support mp3 as input for a cue sheet.

Does your cue sheet look for the mp3 or the wav? Open it up in a text editor. I thought that EAC could do what you want here, perhaps not though ....
daefeatures.co.uk

Reply #2
No, it will be a lossy version of the source. By source I presume you are referring to the original wav?

no, original wav is not important. my problem is to burn a very similar copy of the source, i mean with correct gaps and indexes.

Does your cue sheet look for the mp3 or the wav? Open it up in a text editor. I thought that EAC could do what you want here, perhaps not though ....

i experienced that EAC cannot take mp3 files as input. I modified CUE file with notepad, putting correct filenames, but it didn't work. Maybe the problem is the "WAVE" after the filename? Well, I modified it in "MP3", but EAC said that the format was incorrect.

Reply #3
EAC supports mp3 for the creation of Cue Sheet, without problems.
It checks the file and then insert it into the CD Layout.
Are you sure the file is not damaged?

For correct gap and indexes you can disable "add 2 second Gap on append" to avoid pauses between tracks.
[ Commodore 64 Forever...! ]

Reply #4
on my pc it doesn't work.

This is the cue file:
Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Catarrhal Noise"
TITLE "Turboamerica"
FILE "C:\mp3\Catarrhal Noise - Turboamerica1 - Turboamerica.mp3" MP3
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "Turboamerica"
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "Rubrica de l'Agricoltore Agricolo"
   INDEX 00 02:00:64
FILE "C:\mp3\Catarrhal Noise - Turboamerica2 - Rubrica de l'Agricoltore Agricolo.mp3" MP3
   INDEX 01 00:00:00

when I load this cue sheet EAC says: error in cuesheet! - file type is not supported in line 3.

Files are not damaged.

Reply #5
Well I've got some suggestions.
First replace " MP3 with " WAVE. EAC should accept such cue.
I assume the cue resides in the same directory as mp3's, if so, then try to remove c:\mp3\ from paths (and check the filenames?  )

Reply #6
I replaced "MP3" with "WAVE", but nothing changed. Same error message.

filenames and paths are ok. I tried making some modifications and EAC ends saying: the file does not exist.

Reply #7
Hmm, you are correct to label line 3 as "MP3", i just tested a cuesheet and album-mp3 very similar to yours in EAC, and it loaded with no problems.  I DID get that same error before with EAC, but the cue sheet files were incorrectly labeled something else.
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #8
i found the reason: LAME acm was installed. i removed it and EAC started working properly.