Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Analysis of knowzy samples (Read 6039 times) previous topic - next topic

Analysis of knowzy samples

Steely Dan, Aja, Home At Last. CD vs AT LP-2D USB table, L+R and L-R signals. Window length is 300ms, overlap is 66%, Blackman-Harris window.

EDIT: Deleted pic because I looked at the code and it has serious issues. I'll post updated (and more) pics soon.

Analysis of knowzy samples

Reply #1
New pics.
  • Huge bug fix #1: Removed some experimental filtering code I had in place for some other vinyl investigations. Woops.
  • Huge bug fix #2: Plots were being clipped somewhere around 5-10khz but being displayed as if they went all the way to 22k. Woops.
  • This time I've split up the plots into 1-1k and 1k-22k, because the response ranges for both tend to be vastly different, and because different blocking factors work better at different frequencies.
  • Overlap is now 75%, Hanning window, mean of amplitudes of windowed spectra.
  • Window length is 1s for 1-1k plot and 0.1s for 1k-22k plot.
Plots as follows:
  • 1hz-1khz, Pink Floyd "On The Run", CD vs AT2D, complete song - I'm pretty sure the CD is the 1991 Capitol version, so not the 20th anniv version that Jeff has (I think).
  • 1khz-22khz, Pink Floyd "On The Run", CD vs AT2D
  • 1hz-1khz, Steely Dan "Home At Last", CD vs AT2D (snip)
  • 1khz-22khz, Steely Dan "Home At Last", CD vs AT2D (snip)

As usual, black is L+R, red is L-R.

[attachment=4905:pf_2.png][attachment=4906:pf_40.png][attachment=4907:aja_4.png][attachment=4908:aja
_40.png]