Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recording issue, Ableton Live 9.1 (Read 1467 times) previous topic - next topic

Recording issue, Ableton Live 9.1

Hello,

I've gotten Ableton Live 9.1 and I'm stuck in trying to record my mixes with it.

In substance, my mixer has a special "sequencer mode" in which I can redirect all tracks to 2 stereo channels: 1/2 is the "master out" and 3/4 is the "cue out".

So I've disabled any input source in Live's preferences in order to reduce latency (the input source is Live itself) and I've set the only available channels to 1/2 and 3/4, and I've configured the cue out and master out as described.

However, I can't record anything. The "master out" is set to 1/2. It effectively goes out of the mixer to the loudspeakers, and is recognized as armed & active by Live, but the Master volume of Live remains zeroed.

Due to the fact that the arrangement recording is done with the master track, I get a mute file as output.

Please see this image:

It shows my actual situation. One track (1 Audio) is armed and playing, the "master out" goes up and down, but Live's Master track is mute.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance,
Tyrexionibus